How the fellowship works:
• Fellowship applicants will be asked to create a data visualization using any publicly available data and Tableau Public software, which is free for anyone to use at TableauPublic.com
• Once the data visualization is completed, the applicant can upload and post it to Tableau Public’s online community.
• Once the data visualization is uploaded to TableauPublic.com, the fellowship applicant should return to this form, and fill out the information below (you will need the URL of the data visualization you uploaded)
• On Monday, October 22 we will select and notify the 3 winners of the Data Communication Fellowship
Criteria for Selecting the Data Communication Fellows:
• A panel comprised of Visualized and Tableau team members will select 3 qualifying Data Communication Fellows based on the following criteria:
o Social Importance of Information
o Complexity of Data to Communicate
o Overall Clarity of Data Communication
Other Important Details:
• The deadline to submit your application (below) is 11:59 pm EST, Oct 21. Selected fellows will be notified on Oct 22 and have 48 hours to accept. If we do not hear back within 48 hours, a runner up will be selected.
• The fellowship allows entry to the Visualized conference only; it does not include travel, hotel, or other expenses
• The Visualized conference is expected to sell out, and this fellowship is highly competitive. Please do not wait to purchase a ticket until you find out if you were selected as a fellow. If you purchased a ticket and are selected as a fellow, the price of your ticket will be refunded.
Please be sure to follow us on Twitter @visualized and sign up for newsletter at Visualized.com for the latest updates. If you have specific questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application (please submit the following only after you’ve created and uploaded your data visualization):