The kids activity for the monthly potlucks should be for ages 5 - 13, however, if it is more challenging to the younger children, volunteers, parents, and older kids will help them. An activity could be a table craft or a game. Know that some of the kids don't always participate but that all kids are invited to, which is the important part - The simple activities we bring are just a means to build relationships and make connections.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The number of children and youth varies each month.
- There is a play structure and small outside play area.
- There are board games available at Family Place. However, we are unable to know how complete they are.
- There is access to the bathroom sink.
- At the end of the Meal, unused or extra craft supplies or games are collected and not left behind to "donate" to individual children, youth, or families. If you would like to donate goods, please read the UBH guidelines and contact them directly: http://upwardboundhouse.org/get-involved/donate/donate-now/
Some past activities include seasonally themed crafts like decorating fall squash with flowers or simple craft sets from Michael's, drawing with fun art supplies like watercolor, and making & flying paper airplanes outside.
SELECT YOUR DATE/S:
Date options below are subject to availability. Someone will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your selection(s).
THE DAY OF THE MEAL:
You can meet Nathan Oney or co-lead volunteer Dan Stirling at the church (Simkins Hall Kitchen) at 5:30 p.m. the day of and walk over together or simply meet at Family Place (1020 12th St.). Dinner begins at 6 p.m.
For more information visit www.santamonicaumc.org or send co-leaders Dan Stirling & Anna Rogers an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.