1) The data and tools on http://vegetationmap4africa.org can be freely downloaded and used for educational, conservation and research purposes
2) The recipient of the data will provide a full and appropriate acknowledgement and citation in any materials or publications derived in part or in whole from the data. For any publications making substantial use of the data, the VECEA team welcome the opportunity for co-authorship, collaboration and to comment prior to publication. Expressions of interest can be send using the contact form.
4) The recipient will not pass the original datasets on to third parties and will direct all requests for use of the data back to http://vegetationmap4africa.org.
5) The recipient will not publish the data in their original format, either whole or in part, on a website, FTP site, CD, memory stick or any other media. The recipient should provide a link to the original data source location on the http://vegetationmap4africa.org website where appropriate.
7) Use of these data does not constitute endorsement by the VECEA team or its partners of any derived products, reports or analyses.
8) The data are provided with additional supporting metadata, describing how they were compiled, ownership, type and quality of data, and limitations. The recipient must read all supporting information prior to any analysis and agree to abide by any stipulations contained therein. We cannot accept responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions in the data, for misuse of the data by any organisation or individual, or for any damage done to computing systems into which the data are entered
9) The VECEA team will be informed about any products published using these data.