Causes of the War of 1812 Exit Slip
Use the assignment you just completed to answer the questions below.
Your LAST name
Your FIRST name
Your class period
1. Which of the following terms best describes the word "Impressment?"
A. How 8th graders walk back and forth down the hallway to get their friends attention
B. The practice of Native Americas attacking Americans living on the frontier
C. The practice of the British Navy kidnapping and enslaving American sailors
D. A system of slow communication used in during the early 1800's
2. Why did the British believe that "impressment" was okay to do?
A. Many American sailors had once been in the British Navy
B. Communication took place over telegraph wires strung along the sea floor
C. The Indians had legitimate claims to western lands
D. The French were doing the same thing
3. Which of the following below was a cause of the War of 1812?
A. British were arming the Indians in the west
B. yellow journalism
C. unrestricted submarine warfare
D. "No taxation with our representation"
4. Which of the following below was a cause of the War of 1812?
A. slow communication between England and the United States
B. an oil embargo
C. to stop the spread of communism
D. the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait
5. Which of the following American presidents became the first president to ask Congress for a declaration of war in 1812?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service