High Marq Student Enrollment Application for the 2021-22 School Year
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN ATTENDING HIGH MARQ ENVIRONMENTAL CHARTER SCHOOL!
HMECS is open to all students entering grades 6-11 for voluntary application and enrollment who (i) reside in the District or (ii) are enrolled in the District pursuant to Wis. Stat. §§ 118.51, 118.52, or 118.53. Open enrollment students, expelled students, and dropouts up to the age of 21 (22 for special education students) may also attend the school in accordance with state law and District policies.
NOTE: If you need a paper application, please contact the school at
1. If the number of enrollment applications received by the date determined by HMECS (and state law, if any) exceeds the enrollment limit, the school will select students on a random lottery basis. The random lottery will be held at the May meeting of the Governance Council.
2. HMECS will give preference to pupils and siblings of pupils who are already attending HMECS.
3. In addition, HMECS will give preference to children of the school's founders and full-time employees, but the total number of such children given preference will constitute no more than 10 percent of the school's total enrollment.
4. If a student electing to enroll in HMECS is a student with a disability under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, placement will be determined by the IEP team in accordance with federal law.
5. A waiting list will be maintained for students who are not selected in the random lottery. Students who apply after the random lottery will be added to the end of the waiting list in the order in which they apply.
6. The waiting list will be utilized until the Friday of the second week of the upcoming school year to fill open seats.
Students applying to High Marq from outside of the Montello School District will be included in the admissions lottery but will be admitted on a provisional basis, pending approval of Open Enrollment by the Montello School Board.
Such students are strongly encouraged to complete the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction application for Open Enrollment (
) prior to the 4/30 deadline. Students who miss the initial deadline must submit an Alternative Open Enrollment application (
), which is available after 7/1 and applies for specific criteria only.
The Montello School District does not discriminate on the basis of Protected Classes of race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including transgender status, change of sex or gender identity); ancestry; creed; pregnancy; marital status; parental status; sexual orientation; or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability, or any other characteristic protected by Federal or State law (Collectively "Protected Classes") in its educational programs or activities.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Montello School District.