Application for the 2020-21 Institute for Sustainable Teaching at Colorado State University
The CSU Writing Project Institute for Sustainable Teaching at Colorado State University is currently accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year.
The Institute for Sustainable Teaching (IST) is a CSU Writing Project (CSUWP) program devoted to helping you “fill the well” as a teacher by giving you space and time for professional renewal and personal restoration. We will work together in a small community to explore the concept of “sustainable teaching” and to develop mindfulness and resiliency practices that might actually help you stay in this profession for the long haul.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Because the IST is geared toward development of a small, intimate community, we’re limiting it to 20 participants. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for best consideration is Monday, April 27; the hard deadline is Monday, May 18. Applicants will be notified of their status by Friday, May 29, at the latest.
INSTITUTE DATES (all sessions take place from 9:00-3:30):
Summer Weeklong Institute: August 3-8
LOCATION: Colorado State University campus, Fort Collins, CO
WHO SHOULD COME?
The IST is open to twenty K-16 educators in all content areas, even if they aren’t already a part of the CSU Writing Project. This includes teachers, counselors, instructional coaches, deans, administrators, community educators, basically anyone who’s connected to the profession. You should come if:
- you just don’t know how much longer you can last in this profession, even though you still love it deep down
- you’re experiencing burnout or feel it coming on
- you’re willing to take emotional and intellectual risks oriented toward healing and growth in community
- you’re committed to writing, reading, reflecting, and thinking hard together with others
- you’re professionally responsible; that is, you’ll attend all sessions in the summer and throughout the school year, complete the reading, and participate in all activities
- you’re determined to “get better”--in both the sense of recovery and the sense of progress. (As Anne Lamott would say, you might need to whine for a while, but you can’t be “whiny-baby.”)
- you’re excited about the possibility--though not the obligation--of being part of a growing community of sustainable teaching educators who are contributing to the education profession at large via publication, conference presentations, and other professional opportunities
You can read more about sustainable teaching and hear about the experiences of previous institute participants at
. If you have questions, please contact Dr. Cindy O'Donnell-Allen (
Where do you work, and what is your role in education (e.g., teacher, counselor, community educator, etc.)?
E-mail address that you check frequently (NOTE: All contact information is for institute purposes only. We will never share it with outside parties.)
Mailing address (so that we can mail you a book in advance)
Why would you benefit from this experience at this point in your career? In no more than 300 words, describe both how your participation will support your growth as a educator, writer, and human being, and how you will work to support this growth in other institute participants.
Please review the following dates and indicate your willingness to attend all of the following meetings by completing the Participation Agreement below. Meetings will be held at the Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins.
You are required to attend the entirety of all sessions, which take place from 9:00-3:30 each day:
Summer Weeklong Institute: August 3-8
PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT: The CSUWP Institute for Sustainable Teaching is a small and selective program. We ask that you honor your commitment regarding the $500 stipend and optional opportunity to earn CSU graduates by attending all sessions and participating fully and positively for the benefit of the group and your own learning and development. Please indicate your commitment to do so by checking the box below.
Yes, I agree to attend and participate fully and positively in all IST meetings.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service