Makervillage is a co-working space. Co-working is a movement that provides a collaborative space for creative, freelance, independent and nomadic workers that is underpinned by a core set of values. At Makervillage, we aspire to and expect those who work with us to share in those values of:
COLLABORATION: One of the great benefits of working in a co-working space is that you will meet all sorts of people with all sorts of knowledge and where possible collaborate to support each others activities.
OPENNESS: We believe in transparency and openness. In a world where people are free, but ideas are not, only a few benefit. When ideas are free, everyone benefits. Therefore, we encourage open spaces and discussions.
COMMUNITY: We thrive on connections and mutual support. It is important that everyone give into as well as benefit from the strong community co-working has become.
ACCESSIBILITY: In order to be fully open, we must make the effort to be accessible to all. This means that we endeavor to create both a financially and a physically accessible space. We are committed to this principle and welcome feedback on how we can make it even more accessible.
SUSTAINABILITY: Shared spaces are also better for the planet, so we like to take that a little further and make certain our space is environmentally responsible.
In using the facilities of Makervillage, we expect people to behave in a way that is congruent with those values, specifically:
1. Respect the space and leave it as you find it. If you moved things around then return them to their original location and please tidy up after yourself.
2. Give back the equivalent of what you take out. If you drink the coffee; occasionally contribute some, if you canʼt afford to buy it, make good in-kind.
3. This is a co-working space so there is an expectation that you will collaborate where possible and be prepared to draw on the help and support of others whilst respecting their right to get their own work done.
4. Respect the people around you and embrace differences. One of the great things about co-working is it draws in a variety of people, enjoy and respect the difference.
5. Spread the word to like minded people.