Study visit "Youth policy in Klaipėda - European youth capital 2021" will take place July 5-11, 2021 in Klaipėda, Lithuania.
The project will be implemented together with partners from Latvia, Estonia, Poland, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Italy, Lithuania, Estonia and Bulgaria. The study visit shall bring together 33 youth workers, youth leaders and other youth work specialists
Klaipėda became European Youth Capital 2021, which is a great opportunity for city and Lithuania to reflect on 25 years of youth policy development, the lessons learned. By involving youngsters of Klaipėda, uniting youth organisations, youth workers and municipal efforts, there is an opportunity to become a more open and youth-friendly city and reveal the undiscovered potential of young people.
We want to invite our partner organisation to Klaipėda in 2021 for a study visit on youth policy, youth work implementation, youth participation in Urban territories. To see how the status of a European youth Capital can help improve the policies directed at youth.
Aim of the study visit:
Create a space for youth policy and youth work practitioners to reflect on present-day youth participation challenges of urban youth and design proposals and ideas on how to make Klaipėda a youth-friendly city.
Objectives of the study visit are:
- to reflect on 25th years of youth policy development and 15 years of youth-work development in Lithuania;
- to share good practices of youth participation and youth work in Klaipėda city;
- to explore Klaipėda European Youth Capital 2021, analyse the program, meet organisations implementing it;
- to analyse how to foster urban young people’s democratic participation;
- to discuss how to make the participation structures in urban territories more youth-friendly;
- To develop international connections for future cooperation.
- Travel will be reimbursed according to Erasmus+ KA1 rules;
- No participation fee;
- Boarding and lodging fully covered from Erasmus+ funding.
The selection of participants will be done together with partner organisations.
More information about the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/451922676014320