Media Credentials Application Process
Media credentials are limited. All applications will be reviewed; not all applications will be accepted. Please read the following information before proceeding to the National Maker Faire 2016 Media Credential Application:
NOTE: If you are planning on filming at National Maker Faire (not including news media), please complete this form paying special attention to the questions about your project.
• Each person from your organization that would like media credentials will need to complete the form.
• All media, including photographers, covering National Maker Faire 2016 must be on a confirmed assignment for their publication/site, or for a specific Maker or sponsor. Your assignment/coverage plans must be included in your application. The expectation is that your coverage be consistent with your stated assignment/plan.
• FREELANCERS: Credentials for freelance writers or photographers will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Again, all applicants must be on assignment. If assignment information is not provided or is not available, the application may not be accepted.
• BLOGGERS: Bloggers will be required to provide current subscriber stats, URL of most recent and relevant post, etc. Applications from bloggers are closely reviewed for relevancy, recent activity, following, etc. Please do not skip this step in the application.
• Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. (Note: Special exceptions may be made. Contact the Maker Faire PR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
• CAMERA TAGS: All camera equipment, whether still or video, and audio equipment, will require a camera tag. Please indicate on the form below if you will be bringing equipment requiring tags.
• Special requests, including requests for interviews with the Maker Faire founders and Makers, can be included on the application.
All inquiries and interview requests can be made to email@example.com.