*Direct questions to Amy Rutledge, OHSPRA Director of Contests and Awards, at email@example.com.
About the Innovator Award:The Innovator Award was established by OHSPRA in 2010 to recognize individuals who have introduced or utilized new methods of communication to dramatically advance or impact, or have the potential to highly advance or impact, school public relations locally, state-wide, or nationally. All entries are judged by the OHSPRA Board of Directors, excluding any members who are nominated for the award or who made an award nomination. Regardless of the number of nominations made in any given year, the OHSPRA Board reserves the right to not honor anyone or honor more than one person in any given year, based on judging criteria.
Eligibility Guidelines (please follow Eligibility Guidelines exactly or entry will be disqualified):
- Entry must be electronically submitted by February 2, 2018.
- Only OHSPRA members can make Innovator Award nominations on behalf of another OHSPRA member or themselves. Self-nominations must include a letter with the signatures of two supervisors, such as the superintendent and board president, and will not be considered without the signatures.
- All nominations must answer the following questions:
1. What has the nominee done that is innovative?
2. How has the nominee advanced/impacted local, state, and/or national school public relations? (please provide as much detail and verification as possible.)
*The Board will assume a nominee has no experience with a question/topic if the question is not obviously addressed/answered in the nomination letter.
Judging Criteria: • Usage/implementation of new method of communication• Creativity• Impact/potential impact on school public relations
Entry Fee and Submission:There is no entry fee for Innovator Award nominations. Please mail us any support materials you would like to include, such as nomination letters and copies of newspaper clippings. Items submitted will not be returned and becomes the property of OHSPRA. Mail a collateral form and any support materials to: OHSPRA, P.O Box 891, Columbus, OH 43085.