Customer Success Associate
At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA, 19107
BS/BA degree in a Hard Science, Natural Science, or Social Science field
We are seeking a Customer Success Associate to work alongside our molecular biologists, software engineers, and visionary medical technologists in a dynamic environment. You will participate in the daily activities of our Business team. You will listen to our channel partners and customers to creatively troubleshoot and solve their unique challenges. Biology training is a plus, but success in this role depends primarily on intellectual curiosity, comfort with asking questions, and clear communication skills. You will become a technical expert able to speak to biology, device, software, and data interpretation questions. As part of the Biomeme team, your primary focus is to tease out, develop, and implement the right-size solutions for our clients’ novel use-cases.
- Lead Biomeme response to customer support and feature requests
-Collect, manage, and analyze customer usage, product performance, and internal Biomeme support data
- Collaborate with the Business team to produce high quality customer resources such as videos, quick start guides, FAQS, and product sheets
- Manage and regularly audit the Biomeme Help Desk articles and resources
- Work closely with other members of the Business team to develop, record, and communicate in-depth customer intelligence to ensure Biomeme and our customers remain aligned
- Own the onboarding, training, ongoing education, and continued dialogue between Biomeme and customers. Day to day responsibilities include customer onboarding and training, customer outreach, and solicitation and communication of customer feedback
- Act as a liaison between the Business team and Biology, Engineering, and Software teams
- Contribute to the strategizing, development, and deployment of solutions for our customers’ needs
- Effectively use and scale all relevant CRM, sales, and support tools
- Grow into our “voice of the customer” and represent the customer perspective in internal Biomeme discussions
- Experience in a Business or Lab environment
- Active and empathetic listening skills
- Confident in asking insightful questions
- Keen intellect and a strong desire to learn
- Strong communication skills, especially written and verbal communication
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Simultaneously collaborative by nature and able to self motivate and manage your own time
Video Cover Letter
Please shoot a short video introducing yourself, tell us what you do now and why you are excited about becoming a part of the Biomeme team.
Use your smartphone or webcam - we aren't looking for polished video's but simply an introduction, be yourself! By short we mean 1-2 min. Upload your video to youtube or vimeo as an unlisted video and share the link with us.
Please submit your resume to
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume
Please answer the following questions.
In one or two sentences, please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
What was an interesting project, preferably outside of work or school, that you created?
Include links to pictures or video if you want to share.
Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.