Fo Reel! Da Pidgin Film Festival submission form
Showcasing student films in and about Pidgin
Deadline submission: ongoing
We plan to organize the film festival for Fall semester, 2017. Exact dates TBA.
What is it?
This film festival is organized by Da Pidgin Coup, a group of students, staff, faculty, and community members who work to advocate for better understandings of and respect for Pidgin. This language is spoken by an estimated 500,000 residents in the State of Hawai'i, but it rarely gets acknowledged on the public stage. We envision this film festival as a chance to encourage UH-system students, faculty, staff, and community members to show Pidgin off and to have new forms of dialogue about how Pidgin is used and what its value is to the people of Hawai'i today.
• Films must be produced by current UH-system students (all campuses)
• Films must be in or about Pidgin
• All genres welcome (narrative, documentary, animation, music video, etc.)
• 12 minutes maximum length
• Produced within the past 5 years
• Two films maximum may be submitted by an individual
• Submission of film file to our Dropbox account
For more information, contact Christina Higgins at the Charlene J. Sato Center for Pidgin, Creole, & Dialect Studies, UH-Manoa at
Funding provided by the Sato Fund and the Student Activity and Program Fee Board
I am not a robot: What is five plus five?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service