I'm seeking a long-term alpha reader who can provide constructive feedback as I write my drafts. An alpha reader sees drafts before critique partners and beta readers—they see the roughest of rough drafts as the novel is written.
Cheerleading is nice (and appreciated), but I want more to better myself as a writer.
Things you'll pay attention to include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Magic system
- Overall plot
- Anything underdeveloped with my storytelling elements?
- Plot holes
- You must be in good standing within the author community
- Must be willing to sign an NDA and promise not to share spoilers
- Will not disparage the brand
I'm looking for an alpha reader who:
- Loves fantasy and paranormal romance
- Is an avid reader (we're talking 80 + books a year)
- Enjoys reading first person present tense
- Likes reading why choose romances (where there are multiple love interests and the FMC doesn't have to choose and can keep them all)
- Is over 18, as I write spicy, open-door scenes
- Is familiar with various book tropes and the expectations of the genre (such as enemies to lovers, one bed in an inn, why choose (formerly known as reverse harem romances), etc)
- Can read passages up to 5,000 words and provide in-line commentary within 48 hours
- Open to bouncing ideas off of you
If you think this is the job for you, please fill out all the form below!