(1) Mid York Library System (MYLS) staff drivers will be reimbursed for carpooling with 2 or more people in the car to CLRC event sites greater than 25 miles from the MYLS office at 1600 Lincoln Ave., Utica, NY. Reimbursement mileage can include pickups, if drivers do not pool at the MYLS office. This reimbursement will be paid directly to the Mid-York Library System office after expenses are submitted to CLRC. Mileage will be paid at the prevailing federal rate, currently .545 cents/mile.
(2) Any Herkimer, Madison or Oneida County (non-MYLS staff) driver can be reimbursed for carpooling with 3 people or more in the car (including the driver) to events in locations more than 25 miles from the starting point of the driver. The reimbursement will be submitted to CLRC and the driver will be reimbursed at the prevailing federal rate.
(3) Onondaga County drivers will be encouraged to carpool with CLRC staff if the event explicitly states that this option is available from the CLRC offices at 5710 Commons Park (East Syracuse) to events outside Onondaga County. If carpooling needs exceed the number of CLRC drivers, Onondaga County drivers may be reimbursed at the prevailing federal rate if the event is held more than 25 miles from CLRC offices. Mileage will be calculated from the CLRC offices to the event location.
(4) If the above criteria is met, CLRC will also cover the cost of tolls on the New York State Thruway. Drivers must submit toll details along with expenses.
(5)) Parking costs will not be covered by CLRC.
(6) Other carpooling arrangements may be made as needed at CLRC’s discretion.
(7) IMPORTANT: All carpooling reimbursements must be pre-approved (prior to travel) by CLRC unless alternate arrangements are made. You must fill out a pre-approval form and receive approval before submitting a reimbursement form. View the pre-approval form here: https://goo.gl/forms/XbjAtomIDvzPKGPi2.
(8) CLRC is not liable for non-CLRC staff drivers. The mileage reimbursement is offered as a courtesy to our members, extended to encourage greater participation in CLRC events, and may be withdrawn at any time.
(9) This policy applies only to events that explicitly state a carpooling option. Committee meetings and board meetings are excluded from the carpool policy.