Legal Research on Manupatra : Advance Level Test #3
Test to assess your proficiency in using Manupatra for legal research
Some questions will require access to Manupatra database
In case of any query write to us at
Email ID :
College/Organization Name :
1. What is meant by EQUIVALENT CITATION of other Journal in Manupatra?
Cited in cases
Same case cited in other print journals
2. NEAR EACH OTHER function in Manu Search gives me:
Results where my keywords are coming in a range of 50 words.
Results where my keywords are coming in a range of 20 words.
Results where my keywords are coming in a range of 10 words.
Results where my keywords are coming in a range of 5 words.
3. In Rules & Regulations how many rules are there in AIRCRAFT (SECOND AMENDMENT) RULES, 2020, (Central).
4. In a Notification passed by MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE dated 16.03.2020, banning import of some important drugs, this was done under:
Section 17 of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
Section 10B of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
Section 10A of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
Section 6 of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
5. If I am reading a case and want to see the relevant paragraph in other cases where the current case has been cited: Which of the following option should I use:
Important Para [m- Para]
Cited in Para
6. Satvinder Singh and Ors . vs . The State of Bihar ( 01 . 07 . 2019 - SC ) has been cited in which of the following judgement and in which paragraph of thatjudgement :
Brijesh Kumar Rai and Ors. vs. The Union of India and Ors. (26.02.2020 - GUHC),Para 22
Brijesh Kumar Rai and Ors. vs. The Union of India and Ors. (26.02.2020 - GUHC, Para 8
Ram Khelawan Verma vs . State of U . P . and Ors . ( 20 . 02 . 2020 - ALLHC ), Para 20
Ram Khelawan Verma vs . State of U . P . and Ors . ( 20 . 02 . 2020 - ALLHC ), Para 16
7. Business & Legal module on Manupatra , gives you access to which of the following information :
Judgments on a subject
Only the central Acts and Notification
All the primary and secondary information on the subject
Reports and other secondary sources.
8. Case Map® provides a visual representation of ___ cases with respect to a subject case; 1) which have been mentioned in the subject case; 2) where the subject case been cited in, along with treatment given in respective case :
9. Manupatra covers equivalent citations of 325+ Indian law Journals. I have anincomplete citation for a case law ( ACJ 1995). Can you search for Judgement inManupatra with partial citation ?
10. Does Manupatra Cover Judgments of Privy Council?
11. I am reading a judgment on Manupatra, and I come across a word in the text of judgment, meaning of which I do not know; Which among the following is the easiest way to get to the meaning of this word:
Look for my dictionary.
Open Google to find meaning.
Go to home page on Manupatra and check in dictionary.
Use the Manupatra Feature - Double click on the word and click on “know more”.
12. Write the meaning of maxim A CONTRARIO SENSU from the MAXIM database on Manupatra ?
On the contrary
En sentido contrario
Argumentum a contrario
13. Which amongst the following is the Manu Citation of case “Vishaka and Ors vs. State of Rajasthan and Ors.
14. Which options amongst the following is the correct syntax for making an exact phrase search on Manupatra:
“Appointment of arbitrator”
’Appointment of arbitrator’
*Appointment of arbitrator*
15. Search for the case using the citation AIR 2015 SC 620. Please select the right Manu Citation of the case from the options below:
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service