The Roman Army
Write your Period #, Last name, and First name.
1. What work of Roman civil engineering was important in allowing the Roman army to protect such a large empire?
Miles of aqueducts leading into Rome
A paved network of roads
2. True or False: Roman soldiers were generally well-rewarded for their service in the army after they retired.
3. What were auxiliaries in the Roman army?
This was a smaller group of 100 men in the legion
They were soldiers who were not Roman citizens
They were the non-soldiers such as cooks and medics
They were soldiers stationed inside the city of Rome
4. The main division of the Roman army was around 6000 soldiers. What was this division called?
5. What were two units of Roman soldiers that were smaller than the legion called?
Regiment and Platoon
Cohort and century
Troop and brigade
Squad and section
6. How many men were there in a Roman century?
7. What was a Roman centurion?
A very old officer who was retired
The leader of a legion of men
An army officer in charge of a century of men
A special type of soldier with expertise in engineering
8. What material was used to make the armor that the Roman soldiers wore?
Bones from oxen
Strips of iron
9. What type of weapon was the Roman gladius?
10. What great Roman general is generally credited with building the Roman army into a powerful and organized world power?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Edison. -
Terms of Service