I intend that the term "utilization" as it appears throughout this Waiver, shall refer to such legitimate activity conducted at the Fitness Center, as weightlifting, aerobic exercise, cardiovascular exercise and other approved related physical fitness activity and, in addition to such reasonable or approved activity as shall take place outside of the Fitness Center, in its immediate vicinity. I also intend that the term "Fitness Center" be read and applied as referring to the Fitness Center located on the grounds of Glen Ridge Country Club in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, together with all content therein and together with the immediate vicinity thereof, also at 555 Ridgewood Avenue, Glen Ridge, New Jersey. Lastly, for each occurrence of the name "Glen Ridge Country Club" within this document, I intend such name to refer only to Glen Ridge Country Club, but also to any agents or employees thereof acting with the knowledge and/or approval, either express or implied, of Glen Ridge Country Club, in the proper performance of their responsibilities and duties thereof, insofar as such authority is or may be permitted by law.
I also certify that I have consulted my physician and have discussed with him or her my intention to utilize the Fitness Center and all of its equipment and activities and that my physician has approved my use of this Fitness Center and any or all of its activities and equipment. If my physician has given his or her such approval, subject to limitations as to which activities and equipment I may or may not utilize, I promise to abide by such limitations, and I acknowledge that should I fail to do so, any such failure is a complete assumption of risk by myself and that Glen Ridge Country Club will in no way be held liable therefore.
I will not be permitted to undertake any prescribed exercise program unless, and until, this Waiver is signed by me and on file with Glen Ridge Country Club.
Moreover, I understand that if, at any time during which I am utilizing the Fitness Center, I begin to experience pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, or other sensations such that I am, or should be concerned for my safety and/or health, I am expected to cease participation in whatever activity I am engaged in at that time and seek immediate medical attention.
I further understand that should I, at any time, fail to observe and abide by Fitness Center safety guidelines, rules, and regulations as established by Glen Ridge Country Club, or should I fail to respect directions and warnings given by any instructor or other official on duty, or should I, at any time, otherwise exhibit conduct which is poor and/or unsafe to myself, or to others, Glen Ridge Country Club, at its discretion, may revoke my privileges to use the Fitness Center, either permanently or until such time as Glen Ridge Country Club deems appropriate to reinstate such privileges.
DISCLOSURE AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
Moreover, I fully understand that:
There are risks and dangers associated with exercise and other physical fitness related activities, which risks include, but are not limited to, bodily injury, communicable diseases, partial or total disability, paralysis and death.
I EXPRESSLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS TO MYSELF OF DEATH, ILLNESS OR INJURY SUSTAINED WHILE UTILIZING THE FITNESS CENTER, WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES DESCRIBED HEREIN.
I hereby release Glen Ridge Country Club and its representatives, agents, employees, and all individuals associated Glen Ridge Country Club (Glen Ridge Country Club and all immediately above mentioned persons hereinafter being referred to as "the Related Parties") of and from any and all liability, claims, demands or actions whatsoever arising out of damage, loss, or injury to myself while utilizing the Fitness Center, whether such loss, damage or injury results from negligence or otherwise.
I agree this Waiver is to be deemed current and effective as to each time that I utilize the Fitness Center.
I am aware that I may have this Waiver reviewed by legal counsel, and have had sufficient time and opportunity to do so.
If any portion of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable to any extent and for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this Waiver shall not be affected thereby and shall be enforceable to the full extent permitted by law.
I sign this Waiver, knowingly and voluntarily, fully informed and understanding its contents, and on behalf of myself, my spouse (if applicable), and my heirs, successors, executors, estate and dependents.
2. All members must sign in for each visit. Guests must sign in and reference accompanying member’s name.
3. There is a $12 guest fee per visit for each non-member using the facilities. Each guest is limited to a maximum of 5 visits per year.
4. No one under the age of 16 is permitted in the Fitness Center. Members 16 and 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult, except during the hours of 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
Guests must be 18 years of age or older.
5. All personal training and group fitness classes are provided by the Salus Group, Inc. Members and guests are not allowed to bring any outside trainers or instructors.
6. All members and guests must have signed a Waiver Form before using the Fitness Center.
7. The facility uses surveillance for its protection and yours.
8. All members and guests are required to observe and practice safe usage of all exercise equipment.
9. Appropriate attire is required in the Fitness Center. Shirts and athletic footwear are required at all times.
10. No food or glass containers permitted in the Fitness Center.
11. All exercise equipment must be returned to its proper location. Members and guests are required to wipe down equipment and mats after each use.
12. During peak hours, or while others are waiting, please limit your workout on the cardio equipment to 30 minutes.
13. Headphones are required with the use of personal electronic devices. Voice calls are not permitted in the fitness center.