"Radical economies of our imagination" registration
Apply to join us for a week of convivial conversations towards the radical imagination in one of the most beautiful places in the world. The ReImagining Value Action Lab (RiVAL) invites applications for a week-long intensive small gathering in the breathtaking environment of what settlers call “Sleeping Giant Provincial Park.”
Our broad theme in our inaugural year is “radical economies of our imagination.” The misery factory of racial capitalism is in a death spiral. Its underlying structures of colonialism and heteropatriarchy are crumbling and becoming more violent. We urgently need to imagine and enact new economies that prize life, autonomy, solidarity and compassion. We are called to experiment with new methods for generating, sharing and coordinating the radical imagination: the force that can see beyond the present and challenge power to create the new worlds we deserve. The capitalist notion of “the economy,” born of slavery, colonialism and the destruction of common life, has enclosed our imagination around what it means to share, exchange and cooperate. Radical economies of our imagination names our shared desire to rebuild our dreams, relationships and powers.
Please fill out the following form to give us a sense of how serious you are about attending and what your needs might be.
RiVAL will incur the following costs:
* Camping fees/accommodation for registered participants
* Learning materials
* Transportation from Thunder Bay to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park and back
Accepted applicants are responsible for the following costs:
* $75 CAD registration per person (this non-refundable fee guarantees your spot and will be put towards common expenses including coffee, firewood, first-aid kits, gas, etc)
* Transportation to and from Thunder Bay
* Food (see below)
* Visa, health insurance, etc. for those resident outside of Canada
* Camping gear
* Personal items
* Costs associated with non-participant fellow travellers (eg. partners, kids)
* As the event draws nearer, and depending on responses, RiVAL may coordinate and subsidize lunch of each day of the retreat.
* Breakfasts and dinners will in any case be the responsibility of each participant, but we do encourage food sharing, collective meals and the like.
* Please indicate on the registration form your allergies/sensitivities and restrictions.
PLEASE NOTE: To register you must either pay the $75 registration fee via PayPal (
) or request an exception (below)
We do offer small subsidies to assist with participation.
PLEASE NOTE: We are limiting participation to a very small group, so we may or may not be able to accommodate all requests to participate. We will be adjudicating applications based on a number of criteria including inclusiveness, diversity, fit, logistics and capacity. Apologies in advance!
Please note that, as the planning for our event advances, we may need to get in touch with you very quickly via email and if we don't hear from you we may give away your spot.
If you are travelling one or more other persons who will be a participant in the activities, they must fill in their own separate registration form, but please indicate their name here so we know you're coming together.
Can you offer us a 2-3 sentence biographical note that we can share with others?
Please tell us a little bit about why you'd like to participate in our retreat.
We will be prioritizing applications from those who can commit to participating in the whole week of the gathering (April 3-10)
I can commit to participating for the full duration
As of April 1, we will begin reviewing applications and responding to those we can accommodate. Registration may remain open after this date, and you're welcome to fill in the application, but the spots may all be filled.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service