Project Borealis - Environment Concept Artist
Be part of something exciting!
We're looking for a skilled Environment Concept Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share their expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We're picturing someone who is passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality and realistic environments and props.
What you'll do...
● Work closely with level designers and art leads to ensure that environments and assets match the quality bar and vision for the game.
● Bring life, excitement, and visual storytelling to early blockout/greybox environments.
● Generate ideas that bring areas to life and make them compelling and fun for the player to traverse and explore.
● Create a variety of concepts for our world such as interiors, exteriors, buildings, natural landscapes, props, etc.
Ideally, you'll have...
● 1+ professional years as a concept artist.
● Portfolio with concept art pieces which showcase both your creativity and your range of skills with a focus on environments and world-building. Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
● Mastery of relevant software packages, such as Photoshop, Painter, or similar software.
● Strong ability with use of lighting, shape design, visual storytelling and, photo-bashing.
● Strong understanding of scale, proportions, perspective, architecture, light and, color.
● Basic understanding of 3D design.
● Have a Discord account.
● Contribute at least 5 hours a week to Project Borealis.
● Take and provide constructive criticism.
● Meet deadlines and manage your time.
●Take part in meetings and discussions.
● A desire to contribute ideas and encourage progress.
● A passion for the Half-Life universe and making games.
● Strong traditional drawing and sketching
● Strong 3D design and modeling
● Experience working as part of a team.
● Professional attitude.
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hoover.