Coronado Rotary Youth Instrumental Music Contest Application 2020
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 13, 2019
The purpose of the competition is to determine the musician who best demonstrates his/her musical talent and love for music. Prize money will be awarded at each level of completion:
Preliminary round: To be held Wednesday and Thursday, January 9 and 10 at the CHS Black Box Theatre from 2-6 pm, No prize award, but top 4 advance to Club Finals.
1st Level: Coronado Rotary Club Finals (to be held at noon Wednesday January 29 at the Coronado Cays Yacht Club)
2nd Level: Rotary District 5340 Regional Contest, (to be held in March 2020) and
3rd Level: Rotary District 5340 Final Contest (to be held in April 2020), where a Grand Prize of $2,500 will be awarded. The three runner-ups in the district competition will each receive a $500 cash scholarship.
All performers at the Rotary Club Finals will receive a cash award.
Regional winners are guaranteed $500 by advancing to the District Finals.
Regional performers who do NOT advance to Finals will also receive a cash award.
CORONADO ROTARY MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION RULES:
1. The competition is open to high school students who live in Coronado or attend school in Coronado (or both), and who plan to continue their musical education beyond high school.
2. The competition is limited to instrumentalists. All instruments except voice are permitted. An accompanist is allowed.
3. The competition is open to any genre of music (classical, jazz, modern, etc.), including original compositions.
4. Competition performances MUST be between 3 and 8 minutes in length.
5. Judging criteria can be found here:
By submitting this application, I certify that:
1. I am a high school student living or attending school in Coronado.
2. I intend to pursue music studies after high school.
3. I will make every effort to participate at every level of the competition for which I qualify.
4. I have read the rules of the competition (see above) and will abide by the decision of the judges.
School Grade Level
Accompanist Instrument (if applicable):
Preliminary Rounds will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, January 22 and 23 at the CHS Black Box Theatre from 2-6 pm. Please use the space below to indicate your preferred day and time, as well as any questions you may have. We will schedule you as closely to your preference as we can.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service