Bitte folgen Sie immer den Anweisungen der jeweiligen Aufgabe.
Wenn Sie die Fragen bzw. Aufgaben nicht mehr beantworten und lösen können oder Sie das Gefühl haben, Sie raten nur noch, dann beenden Sie bitte den Test. Ebenfalls wenn Sie 4 Fragen hintereinander nicht mehr beantworten können, sollten Sie den Test abbrechen.
Gehen Sie, bitte, auf die letzte Seite des Tests um Ihren Test abzusenden.
Für die Bearbeitung des Tests sind maximal 45 Minuten vorgesehen. Diese Zeitvorgabe sollte nicht überschritten werden.
Ihre Daten werden nicht dauerhaft gespeichert und dienen ausschließlich dazu Ihnen Ihr persönliches Testergebnis mitzuteilen.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
1. My hotel is only €50 a night. That’s not very ________.
2. ________ he like Berlin?
3. What’s the _________ of your visit?
4. They live in _________.
5. I’m Amy Sanders and these __________ my colleagues.
6. ________ a problem?
a. There is
b. There isn’t
c. Is there
7. The new office _________ have a car park.
8. I don’t think we have to _________ before Friday.
9. She ________ work at 8.30 in the morning.
10. A: Can we meet next Monday? B: One moment please, I ________ my calendar.
c. ‘ll check
11. They ________ a lot of money last year.
d. don’t save
12. Where did you _________ him for the first time?
13. She hasn’t got _________ experience in sales.
14. Her _________ name is Mike.
c. team leaders
15. I don’t like _________ overtime.
16. The car park is _________ the hotel.
c. in front
d. on the left
17. He always has many good ideas. He is very _________.
18. There are _________ good restaurants about five minutes from here.
19. A: Can I use your phone, please? B: ________.
b. No, thank you.
c. Yes, of course
d. Yes, I can.
20. How ________ time do we have?
21. She _________ born in 1985.
22. We _________ afraid of losing our jobs last year.
23. He _________ his business 25 years ago.
b. will start
d. has started
24. In my _________ this is a very good idea.
25. How about _________ the Italian restaurant?
26.The special deal ended _________.
a. for two months
b. two months ago
c. for one minute
d. since one minute
27. While we walked, we ________.
28. The show was really exciting, but the speech at the beginning was_________.
29. Put the words in the right order: the missing part/ possible / you / as / Could / send / us / please / soon /as /
30 . Can you tell me the _________ to the train station, please?
31. This problem is _______ than we thought.
a. more big
b. the biggest
d. more bigger
32. We stayed at the _________ hotel in town.
a. more expensive
b. more cheaper
d. most expensive
33. BST _________ the opening of its new head office in Barcelona.
34. They _________ discussing the new strategy.
35. What _________ doing at the moment?
a. she is
b. does she
d. is she
36. He _________ accepted my invitation.
37. I’m very sorry, but the product you need is out of stock. It’s not _________.
38. We don’t have _________ time.
d. a lot
39. You have to stay for a minimum of seven nights. Answer the following question: Is it necessary to stay for at least seven nights? (choose) yes / no.
40. What is the best idea you have ever _________?
41. Do you feel ________ at work?
42. He ________ to move to another country.
c. would like
43. I ________ at 6.30 in the morning.
a. rise up
c. get up
d. stand up
44. Please don’t _________ to contact me if you have any questions.
45. Our guests are arriving ________ Tuesday ________ the afternoon.
a. in … on
b. at … on
c. on … in
d. on … at
46. Let’s ________ to find a solution now.
47. Fine, we will see ________ next week.
c. each other
48. What ________ you _________ when the alarm went off?
a. did … doing
b. have … done
c. were … doing
d. was … doing
49. Were there ________ problems while I was away?
b. a lot
50. They are not interested ________ this topic.
a. in discussing
b. on discussing
c. to discuss
d. to speak
51. I see what you ________, but I think there is a problem.
52. What ________ you most about flying?
53. After dinner we normally ________ a drink in the pub.
a. walk in
b. go for
c. go to
d. check in
54. You can’t _________ apples to oranges.
55. A: You are late! B: I’m terribly sorry! _________ long?
a. do you wait
b. have you waited
c. have you been waiting
d. are you waiting
56. A meeting at 8 o’clock in the evening is ________.
57. She ________ help you if she _______ time.
58. Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t ________ you.
59. You don’t have to explain this. It’s ________.
60. Can you _________ an app to me?
61. The performance of our team is really _______! This has to change!
62. This company is ______ successful than I thought.
a. a lot more
d. the most
63. Are you _______the sales meeting next week?
a. go to join
b. going to take part
d. going to attend
64. You should always find time for your friends _________ how difficult this may be at times.
c. no matter
65. Have you _________ all options?
66. You _________ touch this! It’s dangerous!!
b. have to
67. You ________ wear a suit. It’s an informal party.
b. don’t have to
68. If we _________ a club, we will get a better price.
a. will join
69. We should all avoid _______ mistakes.
d. to ignoring
70. The employee ________ won the competition last year, got promoted.
71. I didn’t _________ the delay.
72. I _________for one year.
b. ‘m smoking
c. had been smoking
d. ‘ve been smoking
73. Complete sentence (b) so that it has a similar meaning to sentence (a), using the word "earlier".
(a) We were late leaving home, so we missed the concert.
(b) If we _______________, we would not have missed the concert.
74. Write the adjectives of the following nouns: e.g. fun - funny
a. reason ________________________
b. child ________________________
c. optimist ________________________
d. fury _______________________
75. He didn’t do that, _________?
a. didn’t he
b. did he
c. hasn’t he
76. We ______ to write so many sales reports at my former employer.
b. don’t have
d. didn’t have
77. Children learn ideas and _________ from their parents.
78. She finally _________ the theft.
79. I can’t bear ________ my team when they play badly.
b. to support
c. to watch
d. to encourage
80. ________ working all day, Teresa didn’t feel at all tired.
a. In spite
81. Would you mind opening the window for a minute?
c. No, not at all.
82. Sofia _________ me that she _________ Athens last year.
a. said … had seen
b. told … had visited
c. spoke … had been
d. said … visited
83. I failed the test. I _________ a stronger effort.
a. should make
b. should have made
c. could have make
d. could do
84. Are the following sentences correct? Choose ‘right’ or ‘wrong’.
1. They are repairing my car.
2. My car is being repaired.
85. You needn’t have done anything. Choose ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
1. Was it necessary to do something?
2. Did you do something?
86. A drawback is a/an ________.
87. I couldn’t speak the language, but I _________ with gestures.
a. got round
b. got by
c. got at
d. get off
88. Mark the odd one out.
89. Mark the odd one out.
90. I was under a lot of stress at the time and I _________ very well.
a. weren’t sleeping
b. haven’t been sleeping
c. hadn’t been sleeping
d. hadn’t slept
91. ‘Improper’ is another word for:
92. She has never lost her job. She has never been _______.
b. given the sack
93. Last quarter sales improved ______.
94. We had the possibility to take action, but we didn’t.
a. we should take action.
b. we must take action.
c. we needn’t have taken action
d. we could have taken action.
95. Mark the odd one out.
96. She’s _______ particular about what she eats and never touches processed food at all.
97. I’ll never get used _________ in the heat of the tropics.
a. to live
b. to living
98. If we _________ the contract, would you agree to all our demands?
a. was to sign
b. were to sign
c. would to sign
d. had signed
99. We will sign the contract _________ you meet all our requirements.
100. Mark out any negative adjectives.
101. Unfortunately, the management _________ to provide the workers with personal protective equipment as recommended by the public health agency.
a. has suggested
b. has neglected
c. has persuaded
d. has pledged
102. Unscramble this answer to a reporter’s question at a press conference crisis meeting: You are / previous / implying / which isn’t / knowledge, / the case / that we had
103. The idiom ‘beat about the bush’ means: