Experiencing business challenges during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak? Our local tech entrepreneurial community is piloting 4 innovative solutions that may address your needs! Fill out this 5-minute Expression of Interest and you may have access to these solutions free of charge.
With input from the business community, we have identified a few challenge areas that main street businesses are currently struggling with. Solutions have been selected through a competitive process and tackle one or multiple challenges. Based on your business needs, you may choose to work with 1, 2, 3, or all 4 solutions at no cost. The aim of the program is to ensure community businesses are future-proofed and continue to operate and thrive during and after the pandemic. The program is run by ventureLAB and Digital Main Street in partnership with local governments and business associations.
Solutions available in York Region and Simcoe County:
1. Wrmth - Wrmth provides the first 100% Canadian designed and manufactured outdoor heated furniture to extend the patio season. With specially selected, long life, outdoor safe, and weather resistant materials suited to the Canadian climate, Wrmth is the next and best weapon to extend outdoor entertainment seasons and fight COVID-19. Heated on both the seat and back, every user enjoys individual selection and enjoys a warmth of their own. When a chair is empty it needs no heat, saving energy and the environment. Heat the person not the space! Learn more: https://wrmth.ca/
2. TakuLabs - TAKU is the easiest way for retailers to sell online and in-store with one software. Built by retailers for retailers, TAKU is designed to help traditional merchants bring their physical stores online. As the only retail software to be directly linked to Google, TAKU can even help boost store sales by getting your products to show up on search results automatically. Get your store online in a few weeks and show up when it counts – when local shoppers are searching online for what you sell. Learn more: https://takulabs.io/york-region-dms-offer
Solutions limited to York Region:
1. EAIGLE Inc. - EAIGLE offers an AI solution for Crowd Monitoring & Occupancy Data Analytics for public places with high foot traffic. With the rise of COVID-19, EAIGLE introduced a new AI solution that automates the total COVID-19 screening process for employees at points of entry. The solution monitors large crowds non-invasively without any interruption in traffic flow. Learn more: https://eaigle.com
2. Connected CUBBIES - inField Shoppe iQ Connected CUBBIES enable retail and food services to thrive in a COVID environment and beyond. The Connected CUBBIES solution is a patent-pending smart locker solution that provides a curbside pickup and delivery management system driven by a mobile app. It combines the advantages of physical shopping with the convenience and safety of online commerce. Learn more: https://infieldsolutionsinc.com/shoppe-iq/
Solution limited to Simcoe County:
1. delivereh. - delivereh. is a "new normal" logistics company founded to support small businesses during the pandemic and beyond. End to End digital solution. We deliver, Eh! Learn more: https://www.delivereh.ca/
*Deadline to apply: February 28, 2021 (each solution has limited free spots - apply ASAP!)*
For more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ventureLAB is a leading technology hub in York Region that has supported over 2,000 entrepreneurs through programs focused to advance Canada’s economy on a local, national, and global scale. Learn more: https://venturelab.ca/
About Digital Main Street:
COVID-19 forced businesses across Ontario to close their doors this spring and many are looking for new and creative ways to attract business. With Future Proof, Digital Main Street aims to expand their support and create lasting change for small businesses across Ontario. Learn more: https://digitalmainstreet.ca/futureproof/