If you would like to play a more participatory role in this event, or if you simply can't afford a ticket, we are offering the opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and get involved behind the scenes. In exchange for (3) four hour shifts of work between June 11th and 17th, you will receive early access to the good camping spots, and, of course, free entry to the festival!
Like many other events, we require a DEPOSIT in the amount of the gate ticket price of $200.00, which will be returned at the end of your last scheduled shift if you have fulfilled your volunteer responsibilities. Please note this deposit is due via check. The money will not leave your account. We will not deposit or cash your check unless you do not fulfill your volunteer duties.
To participate you must be 18 years or older.
Volunteers will be working with one of 8 teams during the weekend:
- The Deco Team - (This team will help build festival infrastructure, decorate the stage, and set up signage. We need you to work Tuesday, June 11th and Sunday June 16th for 6 hours each day. There will be no other shifts for you during the festival!)
- The Green Team - (This Team will be constantly patrolling the festival grounds and keeping it clean and free of litter. We will be recycling AND composting this year so any knowledge in these matters will be helpful.)
- The Parking Team - (This Team will assist all patrons to park their vehicles in an efficient and organized manner so that we can fit as many cars as possible into the parking lots as well as keep an eye out for potential safety concerns or problems.)
- The Front Gate Team - (This Team will be assisting the Front Gate Coordinators with passing out wristbands, garbage/recycling bags, and Festival Programs to all patrons.)
- The Production Team - (This Team will be assisting the Production Staff with band change overs on the Main and Side Stages. You MUST be able bodied and able to lift heavy objects. Previous experience handling musical equipment is necessary.)
- Merchandise Booth & General Store - (This Team will be helping to sell the Band and PlayThink Merchandise during the festival along with general store items. You must be organized and friendly )
- The Hospitality Team - (This Team will be assisting the Hospitality Coordinator to make sure the Artist Hospitality areas are always clean and properly stocked, participant questions are answered, sign in/out volunteer, check in/out materials to staff)
- The Runner Team - (This team will be responsible for picking people up from the airport and hotels and dropping them off at the festival. You will also be responsible for returning people to the airport and hotels from the festival. All gas will be reimbursed. All gas receipts need to be turned in for proper reimbursement. MUST have CLEAN and RELIABLE transportation, cell phone and a VALID driver's license with proof of insurance.)
If your application is accepted and there is still room, we will notify you at the email address you provide below. We will also send you the details of how to pay your deposit. You will receive your shift schedule when you check in at the festival grounds. Keep in mind that each person will receive at least one late-night shift, unless noted above.
All volunteers are expected to be present at a mandatory volunteer meeting On Wednesday, June 12, at 12:00 noon.
Thanks again for your time and interest in becoming part of the PlayThink Family! :)
ALL APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER MARCH 1, 2019 WILL OFFICIALLY BE ON A WAITING LIST. If there is a cancellation, you will be notified as soon as possible!! Thanks again!
Please fill out the below information.