Manufacturing Quality Assurance Analyst
At Biomeme we make things. We make hardware; we work with biological organisms; we hack smartphones. We're looking for passionate people who are skilled with their hands and have impeccable attention to detail. You should be a fast learner and not afraid of tackling challenges both big and small. No task is above or below your pay grade.
Biomeme is as interdisciplinary as it gets. We combine rigorous biology and chemistry with best-in-class hardware and software engineering. It's all wrapped up in sublime user design, with the goal of helping our customers enact real-world change. Guided by data and a belief in the iterative process, we develop elegant solutions to complex problems that demand precision.
Our partners and customers span a wide range of industries across the US, Latin America, Africa and Europe. We've got great traction in health: we're testing for STD's in Philadelphia, Malaria and Ebola virus in Africa, Avian Influenza in Europe, veterinary targets in the Andes and Lyme disease in the US. Outside of health, we have partners in industrial water monitoring, aquaculture, agriculture, conservation biology and more. High school students are testing for mislabeled sushi. Quantified Selfers are tracking their microbiome. Everyday users are even testing their own DNA for genetic markers.
We are also currently working to manufacture and distribute COVID-19 test kits in the United States and Canada. It’s a good time to come onboard.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
BA/BS in relevant scientific diciplines
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing Biomeme team. This person will be responsible for maintenance and organization of incoming raw goods and materials for lyophilization manufacturing as well as quality control testing and documentation for product in accordance with Biomeme SOPs and MPIs, as well as general regulatory guidelines. This position will report directly to the Lyophilization Manufacturing Lead and assist the Lead in adherence to Biomeme quality system requirements.
- Organizes and maintains incoming materials and inspections to ensure smooth flow of materials to production processes
- Organizes and performs product QC analysis
- Completes and maintans documentation related to assigned work, including logbooks, batch records, etc.
- Adheres to SOPs and MPIs for all processes
- Identifies, escalates and documents events that deviate from normal operation; participate as needed in investigations
- Maintains compliance, cleanliness and orderliness of operational areas per appropriate SOPS
- Reviews and revises pertinent SOPs and production batch records as required
- Inspire and constantly strive to make Biomeme a great place to work and respected for the quality of its people, products, and clients
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or related field
- 1+ years of work experience
- Familiarity with principles of quality control
- Preferred: 2-4+ years of laboratory experience within a cGMP regulated environment or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education
- Organizational skills
- General laboratory skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as, participate on teams comprised of immediate group members, or to work cross functionally, in a fast-paced laboratory environment
- Skilled at organizing and prioritizing assigned tasks to assure completion
- Can translate ideas on how to improve work tasks
- Strong verbal and written skills
Upper left corner of the form
Video Cover Letter
Please shoot a short video introducing yourself, tell us what you do now and why you are excited about becoming a part of the Biomeme team.
Use your smartphone or webcam - we aren't looking for polished video's but simply an introduction, be yourself! By short we mean 1-2 min. Upload your video to youtube or vimeo as an unlisted video and share the link with us.
Please submit your resume to
In the subject line: Full Name / Resume
i.e. Jane Doe / Resume
Please answer the following questions
In one or two sentences please tell us the most impressive thing you have built or achieved.
What was interesting project, preferably outside of work or school that you created?
Submit links to pictures or video if you want to share.
Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Biomeme.