Chennai Coastal Cleanup/8, June 18th, 2017 (Individuals)
We are excited to launch the 8th year edition of Chennai Coastal Cleanup, Chennai Trekking Clubs' major annual environmental awareness camping on the impact of growing garbage footprint and plastic on our environment and health.
Just like last year we are planning 2 full months of various initiatives to sensitize the public on a greener tomorrow:
1. No Plastic Challenge v3.0 - online social media campaign against use and throw plastics
2. Waste Management in Communities, Apartments, Companies, Schools - Creating zero-waste communities
3.’Waste to Wealth’ workshops - creating utility and handicrafts from waste
4. Running for CCC - engaging 25+ running groups across the city in the campaign
5. Cycling for CCC - engaging 5+ cycling groups across the city in the campaign
6. Wall painting in public spaces in the city (last year: Thiruvanmiyur beach/Anna University)
7. Community engagement in schools and fishermen's villages near the coastal line
8. Engaging food vendors on beaches to eliminate plastics / waste
9. Team up with Corporation to maintain beaches/parks - model beach: Thiruvanmiyur
10. Interviews with corporates / vendors / individuals who lead as role models towards change
11. Engaging other cities / regional NGOs - 15 major cities participated last year
12. Designing Creatives to spread awareness on social media - posters, video, etc.
13. Awareness cycle ride on OMR one week prior to beach cleanup
14. Chennai Coastal Cleanup - Mega beach cleanup - June 18th
The final main event at the end of this 2 month period will be a major beach cleanup / waste segregation / recycling effort which involved 15 major cities, 6000+ volunteers, 150 Corporates/NGOs/Educational institutions. More than 50 news publications have covered previous editions of CCC.
Last year we restored beaches, lakes and rivers out across South India including Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cuddalore, Cumbum, Pondicherry, Coimbatore, Kanyakumari, Madurai, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Tenkasi, Trichy, Yelagiri through collaboration with various regional environmental NGO-s.
We welcome Partners who wish to be associated with the Chennai Coastal Cleanup:
* Participation of employees/members in beach cleanup and above initiatives
* Sponsors to support us to sustain this non-profit initiative
* Media partners to help us in reaching to a wider audience
* NGOs to organize regional cleanups in other cities
* Organizations to assist waste management, segregation, recycling
Partner logos would be included in all CCC related media communications, posters and banners.
About the Chennai Trekking Club
The Chennai Trekking Club is a non-profit volunteer based organization which organizes regular outdoor, sports and environmental events to create awareness on a more active, healthier and greener future. With more than 40 thousand members and hundreds of events we reach out to tens of thousands of people each year. Major annual events include Chennai Coastal Cleanup, CTC Green Day, Chennai Trail Marathon, Chennai Triathlon and Jawadhu Hill Ultra.
Powered by Ainthinai towards a greener future!
For any queries email
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Name of the individual
Contact email ID
Assembly point (Chennai Only)
Volunteers will be car/bike pool together from below assembly points in the city towards the various cleanup zones. Cleanup will be targeted on lesser known beaches along the coastline where the garbage level is high. Our assembly point coordinators will inform the same at the assembly point on Sunday morning.
Adyar - Rainforest - 5:30am
Ashok Pillar - Udayam Theatre - 5am
Besant Nagar - Eliot beach - 5:50am
Guindy - opposite railway station - 5:15am
Koyambedu - petrol bunk opposite CMBT - 5am
Tamabaram - bus stand - 5am
Tirunmangalam signal - Anna Nagar West bus depot - 5am
Tirunvanmiyur - Adyar Bakery - 5:30am
Velachery - opposite Vijayanagar bus stop - 5:15am
Thoraipakkam - signal - 5:30am
Sholinganallur signal - 5:30am
Keezhkattalai Lake - 6am
Nanmangalam Lake - 6am
Cuddalore (Town Beach)
Nagapattinam (Town Beach)
Tirunelveli (Nainar Kulam)
Coimbatore (Selvachintamani Kulam)
Hyderabad (Kapra Lake)
Pondicherry (Velrampet Lake), 6:00 am
Bangalore (Hebhal Lake)
Indicate if you can bring any transportation to pool together with fellow volunteers to the beach
None. Need transportation.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service