Setting up a home is an essential human experience, and includes traditions and customs that vary across different cultures, times and locations. With the movement of people across the globe, including growing urban centres and transitions to new countries, the establishment of new homes happens every day. Part of this process is defining the spaces we inhabit through the objects that we use. Housewarming explores these objects through examining what it means for an object to be both useful and meaningful, and how they can contribute to the many possible experiences of home.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Applicants must hold an active Craft Ontario Craft Professional membership.- Each applicant may submit up to three works for consideration, with a maximum of three digital images per work.- A set of multiples (such as a sculptural group) will be considered as one entry.- Works in all craft media are encouraged.- Each entry must be of original design.- Each entry must have been executed within the last two years.- Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.- Applications will only be accepted the online form (see below for more details). Hard copy or email submissions will not be accepted.- Applications grant Craft Ontario permission to use images of accepted works for promotional purposes, including web and print material.
- The Exhibitor will be responsible for insuring all work during shipping and delivery. Craft Ontario will insure all items for theft and damage while on the Gallery premises.- Works accepted for exhibition will be delivered/shipped to and from the Craft Ontario CO Space Gallery at the Exhibitor’s expense.
- There are no fees required to apply.- Selected exhibitors will receive a $350 artist fee.
- Applications must be received via the online application form by Monday, November 19, 2018, 11:59 pm EST.- Applicants will be notified by email of the jury’s decision by Friday, November 30, 2018.- Accepted applicants will be required to deliver or ship selected works to the Craft Ontario Gallery at 1106 Queen Street West, Toronto, between January 5 and 13, 2019.- The exhibition will take place from Saturday, January 19 to Saturday, March 2, 2019.- The opening reception will take place on Thursday, January 24, 2019, 6:00 - 9:00 pm.- All work must be picked up or shipped at the Exhibitor’s expense by Monday, March 4, 2019, 6:00 pm.
- Ensure that you have an active Craft Professional membership. Your membership must be active by the submission deadline or your application will not be considered. For membership inquiries, please see www.craftontario.com/membership-programs/join, or contact us at email@example.com.- Compile your application information in the online form, which will include contact information, the number of submitted work and details, a maximum of three digital images per submission, a biography/artist statement and curriculum vitae (CV).- Upload your digital images and CV to a file sharing program (Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc.). Create a link to share the files with Craft Ontario and include it in the application form.- Digital images should be between 1 to 5 MB in size, with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi. Name images with your first and last name, followed by a number. Example: Jane_Smith_01, Jane_Smith_02, etc.- Ensure that a PC computer can process all document and image files. It is your responsibility to ensure that submitted files are not corrupt, illegible or improperly formatted. Please save your CV document as a WORD (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) document, and all image files as JPGs.- If you have any difficulties with the application form please contact Kate Jackson, Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-925-4222 x 226.