Chm 206 Spring 2019 Expt 8 Buffers I Lab
Section AA (8 AM)
Section DD (11 AM)
Lab Station (No space between number and letter)
(for example, 6A, 9B, etc.)
Enter your complete CU Email address (CAUTION! Your report will be sent the address exactly as entered)
Enter your partner's Email address
Group of 3? Visitor submits a separate form and leaves this question blank.
1. What pH buffer were you assigned?
(Enter only the number -- no words. For example, 4.65)
2. (2 pts) What is the weak acid in your buffer?
sodium hydrogen phosphate (sodium phosphate dibasic)
sodium dihydrogen phosphate (sodium phosphate monobasic)
3. (4 pts) How many moles of weak base did you calculate you needed from the Henderson-Hasselbalch Eqution?
4. (2 pts) What mass of weak base did you actually use? (from the balance)
Significant figures! Record mass exactly as displayed by balance. Include units!
5. (2 pts) What mass of the weak acid did you actually use? (from the balance)
Include units and significant figures
6. (3 pts) After converting the actual masses of weak base and weak acid measured out on the balances to moles, what pH does this give using the Henderson-Hasselbalch equation?
7. (2 pts) What pH resulted from this buffer?
8. (1 pt) Did you need to add strong acid or base to adjust your pH to the assigned value?
No, we did not
Yes, we adjusted pH by adding strong acid
Yes, we adjusted pH by adding strong base
9. What was your final pH after adjustment?
(As shown to the TAs)
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service