Plan II/KIPP Partnership: Application for Fall 2021
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications are rolling for PlanTutoring until the end of Fall 2021 Add/Drop, please apply ASAP so you can register for the program's class this fall! Current members of any P2K org need not reapply.
The Plan II/KIPP Partnership offers three different P2K service options: below are brief descriptions of each of these options.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
The three P2K programs:
Option 1: The Plan II/KIPP Partnership Course (The Krewe) @ KIPP Austin College Prep (KACP)
- Open to Sophomores and Juniors (Seniors require approval from professor)
- Mentor a student at KACP middle school
- Take a year long, one-hour course, has an in-depth focus on education policy and inequities (TC 126 Unique #42785, meets Mondays 2-4pm )
If you have questions, contact Student Assistant Benita Lee at
Option 2: KAL Mentoring @ KIPP Austin Academy of Arts & Letters (KAL)
- Open to any year Plan II student
- Mentor a young (Grades 5-8) KIPPster
- Take a one semester, one credit hour, pass-fail course focused on an overview of KIPP and educational inequities (TC 125K Unique # 42784, meets Mondays 4-5pm)
- Mentors go to KAL's campus once a week, usually in the mornings (7am-8am; which with travel is a ~two hour/week commitment).
If you have questions, contact Student Assistant Alisa Lu at
Option 3: PlanTutoring @ KIPP Austin Collegiate (KAC) and KIPP Austin Brave (KAB)
- Open to any year Plan II student
- Guide high school juniors and seniors through college application process, including essay drafting and editing and general mentoring
- Time commitment of 2-3 hours/week
- Virtual and in-person tutoring options
- Take a one semester, one credit hour, pass-fail course focused on an overview of KIPP and educational inequities (TC 125K Unique #42784, meets Mondays 4-5pm )
If you have any questions, contact PlanTutoring Coordinators Shyam Madhani and Courtney Huynh at
Which service option are you interested in?
Please rank the service options in order of preference. You are not required to put all three options. Only choose those you are interested in being considered for.
First and Last
Expected Graduation Date
(e.g. Spring 2022)
Fourth-Year and Beyond
ALL APPLICANTS: Short Answer Questions
ALL: ALL APPLICANTS should respond to these questions!
Please answer each question with a few sentences to a paragraph (or more, if you have more to say!)
Where/how did you learn about the Plan II/KIPP Partnership?
Why do you want to participate in the Plan II/KIPP Partnership and your chosen program(s)?
What other student organizations/programs/activities do you anticipate being involved in next semester? How much time (hours/week) do you anticipate that you will have available for P2K participation next semester?
Krewe Applicants ONLY: Short Answer Questions
KREWE ONLY: You only need to respond to these questions if you are applying to KREWE!
Please answer each question with a few sentences to a paragraph. Be as descriptive as you think you need to be and feel free to make your responses longer!
Tell us about your past experiences, interests, and abilities working with younger children (this can include siblings and cousins). If you do not have any, that's OK! Please explain why you are interested in mentoring a middle-school aged student.
(Optional) Is there anything else you'd like to share with us about why you'd be a good fit for the program?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service