SiGMA Startup Pitch 2019 application
Please make sure you have read the “Startup Pitch” rules below before filling in the form.
In establishing the rules for applications for the SIGMA Pitch we ‘borrowed’ what we thought were the best ideas from a few tech associations and incubators, such as Tech Stars.
For starters, it's okay to break the rules. That's what entrepreneurship is about. Just so long as you don't break more than two of them.
1. More than just a concept. We are looking for companies which are beyond just the ‘concept phase’. There must be a demonstrable product and we will heavily favour those who are able to bring a technical as well as a commercial team member to show that the company is built on solid technology.
2. ‘Early Stage’ only. We are looking for early stage companies. Ideally, we are looking at those who are at the prototype stage or who have launched in the last few months, so they wouldn‘t have gained significant media/investment attention but also are not at the initial concept phase! Publicly traded or large, well-known private companies are not eligible (this rule cannot be broken!).
3. Ready to deploy capital. It is preferable but not required that the company or project should not have raised a large amount of money from institutional investors (small amounts from friends, family and mentors are okay, but the key word is 'small'). Also, this is not a forum for established companies seeking later stage capital or strategic exits (this rule cannot be broken!).
4. SIGMA Pitch is for new companies and entrepreneurs to gain attention and investment; it is not for established companies to launch new products or even divisions. (this rule cannot be broken!).
5. Totally committed. The fewer existing commitments you have, and the more you can do to prove you are determined to execute then the better.
6. Scalable Solution. We are looking for entrepreneurs with a unique perspective that are looking to take a scalable business solution to the next level.
7. English Speaking. While we are looking for solutions and businesses that span the globe, SIGMA Pitch is an English speaking event, hence English proficiency is required.
8. We strongly encourage you to prepare a Pitch Video so we can promote your pitch prior to the event.
Important: As we receive a large number of submissions, we may not be able to carry out follow-up interviews and will be basing our selection on what’s in the submissions only.
Therefore, it is very important that you fill out all required sections of the submission form and answer all the questions thoroughly while respecting the word limit.
These forms will be distributed to the investors and attendees present during the SiGMA Pitch 2019 so they can make informed decisions about your start-ups.
Submission deadline: 13th November 2019
Other social media channels if applicable
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service