Ways To Take Action
• Start or join a Complete Count Committee (CCC) in my area.
• If possible, dedicate outreach funds to the tribal CCC.
• Appoint a tribal liaison to the census through the Tribal Liaison Program, share that liaison’s information with Indian
Country Counts and Census Bureau.
• Leading up to the enumeration process in your area, have the tribe put census flyers in paycheck mailings.
• Include census public service announcements (PSAs) on the radio and have census announcements at tribal events like annual gatherings, powwows, meetings.
• Include Census 2020 info in the tribal newsletter.
• Set up Census booths at powwows, picnics, rodeos, and other community events, inviting Census staff or tribal census
volunteers to hand out tribal specific information.
• Dedicate computer stations and staff to help tribal members complete the census.
• Issue a public proclamation or resolution as an endorsement of the 2020 Census and publicize your support by sharing with Indian Country Counts, on your website, or on social media
• Help recruit tribal members to apply for the 2020 Census positions.