C.L.E.A.R. is the campaign for mandatory and clear food labelling in the UK.
Food labels are a significant source of information about the food we buy and eat every day.
C.L.E.A.R. believes that, in order to understand how our food choices impact nature, animal welfare, our health, and the well-being and livelihoods of farmers and everyone in the food supply chain, we need food labels that tell us how our food is farmed, grown, reared and processed. So all of us can make informed food choices.
At present, there are:
NO legal safeguards in place to stop British farmers from being undercut by lower standard imports or to support high health, animal welfare, ecological and labour standards in the UK
NO mandatory labelling requirements to provide information on the method of production for all types of food, wherever it is bought
The top 3 problems with the current voluntary food standards labelling:
1. Poorly produced or cheap food is often not labelled by means of production and this lack of information discriminates against those who are constrained by time or money
2. Farming and food businesses with the worst environmental and animal welfare practices are not required to label their method of production and therefore hide their practices from the public
3. Food labels sometimes actively mislead and are unclear
Join us to ask for mandatory method of production food labelling in the UK, for all types of food, wherever you are, whatever you eat.
1. Sign this petition
2. Tell us why you think C.L.E.A.R. matters
3. Share this petition with everyone you know
4. Visit us at clearfoodlabeluk.org
for more information about C.L.E.A.R.
5. Share with us the unclear food labels you’ve seen at instagram.com/clearfoodlabeluk
. Use hashtag #areyouclear