Founded in 1921, the California Scholarship Federation is the oldest scholarship institution in the state of California.
To qualify for CSF membership this semester, follow these guidelines:
1. You must earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester’s grades.
a. The first 4 points must be from LIST I (unless you are a senior applying form membership in February or June).
b. The first 7 points (including the four points described in a) must be from LISTS I and II.
c. The remaining points may come from any LIST (I, II, or III)
2. You must use no more than 5 courses to qualify.
3. NO CSF points are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of physical education, or subjects repeated to
improve courses involving clerking and office/teaching assisting, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
4. CSF points are granted as follows:
• Grade of A = 3 CSF points
• Grade of B = 1 CSF point
One additional point shall be granted for a grade of A or B in an AP, IB, or Honors course, up to a maximum of two
such points per semester.
• Grade of C = 0 CSF points
• Grade of D or F in any course, even in one you cannot use to qualify, disqualifies you from membership at this time.
B. Also remember:
1. Semester membership is based on work done in the previous semester. Under very limited circumstances, summer
school may also be used; you should check with you advisor before listing any summer school work.
2. You MUST reapply each semester.
3. You may find the list of courses at: http://schs.schoolloop.com/schscsf
They are divided into LISTS I, II, and III.
C. YOU MUST ALSO SUBMIT YOUR REPORT CARD TO MR. TAYLOR (Room E-8) SO HE MAY VERIFY YOUR GRADES!
Students that do not submit a report card by the deadline will NOT be accepted as members.
If you have lost/misplaced your report card please see Mr. Taylor ASAP.
DO NOT go to the front office and ask a counselor or the registrar for a grade print out. They are busy enough!