Out of District Student Application 2022-2023 School Year
The Riley County USD 378 Board of Education policy allows students who reside outside of USD 378 boundaries to attend district schools. Below are guidelines for accepting Out-of-District students:
• Students will be accepted based on the availability of adequate staff, facilities, and materials; in accordance with district guidelines and policy; and only with building principal approval. The same guidelines apply to Pre-kindergarten students.
• Tuition will not be charged. Non-resident students will be charged full price for instructional and course fees. Fees are payable at the time of enrollment. Payment plans are not allowed for Out-of-District students.
a. Refunds- no instructional and course fees will be refundable after the official count date in September. Students that withdraw prior to this date will receive 100% of the instructional fees returned.
• An Out-of-District student serving a period of suspension or expulsion from another district will not be accepted.
• Transportation may be provided to Out-of-District students boarding at existing stops within district boundaries if space is available on the bus. Transportation fee of $50 per student or maximum of $200 per family will be paid before a student may ride the bus (The board reserves the right to waive the fee annually. The fee will be waived for the 2022-2023 year.
• Students who have members of their immediate family that are enrolled in the district will be given the higher priority.
• Children of district employees will be given the higher priority.
• After the official enrollment date has passed in USD 378, you will be notified if your Out-of-District Student Application has been approved.
• Out-of-District students will be accepted for one year at a time and may be denied for disciplinary reasons, tardy or attendance issues, or based on staffing, space or material reasons.
• Requests may be denied for disciplinary reasons, tardy or attendance issues, etc.
• Applications must be submitted each year.
• Contact will be made with the previous school(s) to verify information.
• False statements or misrepresentation on the application will result in the request being denied
• Transfer requests are granted on a one-year basis. Applications must be resubmitted each year. Building placement and class assignment are dependent upon space availability and are made by the building principal and district administration. Contact will be made with previous school(s) to verify information. False statements or misrepresentation on the application will result in the request being denied
Parents of students in grades 7-12 who participate in athletics should check with the building principal to see if the transfer will result in loss of the student’s athletic eligibility for 18 weeks.
****A SEPARATE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPLETED FOR EACH STUDENT****