If my daughter is accepted for admission at Solway College, I agree:
1. That acceptance of the application and the allocation of a vacancy apply to the term in respect of which application for entrance was made and acceptance is made subject to my daughter satisfying the requirements, which are in place at the date of her entering the college.
2. My daughter will abide by the rules and regulations at the Hostel (for boarding students) and at the College including disciplinary rules and procedures and adherence to the college's uniform code.
3. My daughter will support the special character of Solway College including compulsory participation in:
- Christian Education and worship
- College sports team and cultural activities
- College events
as outlined in the Information Booklet
4. Before removing my daughter from the College, I will give at least one term's notice in writing or pay one term's fees in lieu of notice.
5. To pay by due date the school fees as assessed at the beginning of each term.
6. That the school shall be under no obligation to provide any abatement of fees in respect of any time during which the student may not be in attendance at the school due to study leave, withdrawal, suspension, exclusion, illness or any off site school activity.
7. To pay interest on overdue invoices which shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of one and one half percent (1.5%) per calendar month (and at the College's sole discretion such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate) after as well as before any judgement.
8. If I default in payment of any invoice when due, I shall indemnify the College from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by the College in pursuing the debt including legal costs on a Solicitor and own client basis and the College's collection agency costs.
9. Without prejudice to any other remedies the College may have, if at any time I am in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment) the College may suspend or terminate my daughter's enrolment and any of its other obligations. The college will not be liable for any loss or damage that we may suffer because the College has exercised its rights under this clause.
10. That the College may:
- collect, retain and use my information for the purpose of assessing my creditworthiness or marketing Solway College products and services to me; and
- disclose my information, whether such information was collected directly from me or obtained by the College from any other source, to any other credit provider or any credit reporting agency for the purposes of providing or obtaining a credit reference, debt collection or notification of my default.
11. That I'm an individual for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993 and that the authorities under clause 10 are authorities or consents for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993.
12. I shall have the right to request the College for a copy of my information retained by the College and have the right to request the College to correct any incorrect information held on file.
13. As part of the College's regular school programme, recordings, videos, art work, photographs etc may be taken and displayed in the school, used for school publicity or displayed in various media, including the school website. I agree to notify the Principal in writing should I not want my child to be photographed or named in such material.
14. That personal property will be marked with my daughter's name and that the College shall accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to student's personal property.