TeXchange 2020: Healthcare Innovation
Global healthcare expenditure is rising rapidly, with spending projected to increase at 5.4% annually between 2017 and 2022, from £5.83 to £8.01 trillion. AI and Big Data analysis are among the technologies driving growth; it is forecast that advancements in healthtech will dramatically affect our relationships with medicine, doctors and healthcare providers.
Substantial advancements, and international collaboration, will be required to realise the full potential of healthtech. To help to make this a reality, DCMS' International Tech Hub Network is collaborating with the UK-Israel Tech Hub on its flagship event, TeXchange.
We are now accepting applications to 'TeXchange 2020: Healthcare Innovation' from startups based in India, Kenya, Nigeria, or South Africa who offer solutions in the following areas:
- Clinical decision support tools
- Predictive analytics
- Early diagnosis of disease
- Home-testing and diagnostics
- Patient self-management of chronic diseases
- Big Data analytics, AI, ML around EMR data and PGHD
- Behavioural analytics and medical adherence/compliance
- Personalised medicine
- Telemedicine and/or health monitoring (wearables, sensors, connected devices, etc.)
- Data integration and interoperability
- Healthcare data security
- Customer/patient journey/experience
- Drug discovery
- Digital therapeutics
We are NOT accepting applications in the fields of drug therapies (i.e. molecules, biologicals) or invasive, non-digital medical devices
We will select one startup from each Tech Hub country to participate in an intensive three-day programme throughout the first week of February 2020, to engage with UK healthcare stakeholders representing both the public and private sectors, and investors.
Your company must:
1. Offer a solution or service related to one of the fields listed above
2. Have already secured funding (at seed level or above)
3. Be interested in business expansion to the UK
4. Be willing to participate in compulsory preparation sessions for the programme
1. Create a 60 second video pitch explaining your product and value proposition (camera facing, not narrated)
2. Upload your video pitch to YouTube
3. Fill in the application form below and include the video link at the bottom of your application form
**Please note that the video is to see how you present rather than to learn about the product, so no voice-over videos please**
**Please note that the person who features in the video pitch must be the representative who will travel to the UK should your application be successful**
Applications are open 9 September - 11 October
Any queries should be directed to Frankie with email subject: “Info Re: TeXchange 2020”
ABOUT THE TEXCHANGE MODEL
This is the 6th year of the TeXchange programme, which has focused previously on Cyber Security (partners included Aviva Insurance, Visa, BT); Retail (Tesco, M&S); Adtech (BBC, WPP); and Fintech (Barclays, RBS, Santander and Level39).
TeXchange 2018: Smart Cities participants
Where are you based?
Describe your company (<100 words)
Number of employees
Round and amount of funding raised
Company website URL
Areas your solution addresses
Clinical decision support tools
Early diagnosis of disease
Home-testing and diagnostics
Patient self-management of chronic diseases
Big Data analytics, AI, ML around EMR data and PGHD
Behavioural analytics and medical adherence / compliance
Telemedicine and / or health monitoring (wearables, sensors, connected devices etc.)
Data integration and interoperability
Healthcare data security
Customer / patient journey / experience
Fitness / wellness
Do you have any existing business in the UK?
Link to your online 60 second video pitch
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Department for Culture Media & Sport. -
Terms of Service