Again this year the league will be restricted to only 8 teams which means only the first 96 registered players will be guaranteed a spot.
Entry fee: $80
- 7 regular season games and 5 guaranteed playoff games- Team shirt - Year-end festivities- League supplied referees for each game
*Registration will only be confirmed once payment is received. Payment can be made preferably by sending an email money transfer to email@example.com. If you need to pay with a method other than email money transfer, make arrangements with the league exec by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regular Season begins: Saturday, August 31st. Mid-Season Competition: TBD (will be published on schedule)
Playoffs begin: Saturday, October 19th (round format will be published on schedule)
Finals and Year-end Party: Saturday, November 16th
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!In consideration for allowing me to participate in any or all events and related activities of the Whitby Mens Football League (WMFL), I hereby warrant and agree that:
1. I am familiar with and accept that there is always the risk of serious injury and death resulting from participation in any organized recreational activity particularly those involving contact and non contact sports, fitness activities, personal training instruction, football demonstrations, training and competitions and like activities offered as part of the programme of the WMFL, and
2. I have satisfied myself, and believe, that I am physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in this programme, and that my equipment is appropriate for use in this programme; and
3. I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with me; and
4. I will immediately remove myself from participation, and notify the nearest official, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I experience any deterioration in my physical, emotional or mental fitness, or that of my equipment, or exceed my comfort level, for continued participation in any event or related activity.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES:
1. AN UNQUALIFIED ASSUMPTION BY ME OF ALL RISKS associated with my participation in any or all of the events and related activities of the WMFL even if arising from the negligence or gross negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent rescue operations or procedures, of the WMFL, any event organizer, event venue and any and all persons associated therewith or participating therein in any capacity; or in transportation to and from such events and activities, and
2. A FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may in the future have, against the WMFL, all event sponsors, event venues, and their respective directors, officers, employees, coaches, leaders, contractors, agents and representatives, advertisers, volunteers, others participating in any capacity, (all of whom are collectively referred to as “the Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my use of or my presence at event facilities, or my participation in any part of, or presence at, any or all of the events and related activities of the Releasees due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE RELEVANT OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES.
3. AN AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly, from my participation in any aspect of the said events and related activities; and
4. AN AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
5. An agreement that this document be governed by the laws, and in the courts of the Province or Territory in which the said events and related activities take place.
Usage of personal information and image waiver
a) a player's address, email and phone contact is considered confidential but a player's name and photo (either still or video footage) is not confidential.
b) use of any player's name, photo or video footage by the WMFL will not require compensation or payment of any monies to the player.
C) the use of player's name, photo or video footage includes but is not limited to the appearance of those items within the social media channels or forums (e.g., websites, blogs, Twitter, Facebook), (email or otherwise based) written correspondence as well as any roster or disciplinary information collected by the WMFL.
d) the publication of a player's name, photo or video footage will occur when required by statue, legal request/matter or any other circumstance of a need or benefit that the WMFL has determined to be reasonable to or related with the constitution, bylaws and best practices for their own or collective operation or reporting purposes and obligations.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I AND MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
I AGREE TO ACCEPT THIS WAIVER VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT