Focus Mode for Live Channels - Early Access Program
The new Focus Mode for live channels feature enables agents to be online in both Talk & Chat and to receive either a call or chats at the same time. This allows the agents serving both live channels to focus on one channel at a time.
All you have to do to join this EAP is fill in some information and you're ready to go! We’ll review all responses and then select eligible partners for the program.
What's this all about?
This Early Access Program introduces Focus Mode for live channels. When enabled, it will allow agents to be online on both Talk and Chat but will only serve one channel at a time. In other words, if an agent is on a call they will not be offered chats until the call (and wrap-up) has ended, or, if an agent is responding to a chat or multiple chats, then no calls will be offered to that agent until all their chats have ended.
Our goal is to increase efficiency for the agents serving multiple live channels at the same time by allowing them to focus on a single channel at a time without interruptions.
Please note, to start experiencing the Focus Mode and its benefits, the account level feature setting needs to be enabled by admin after involving the EAP.
Is this available to everyone?
If you want to get involved, you need to be a Zendesk Customer;
• Have Zendesk Talk and Chat Phase 3 or Phase 4 account
• Utilising both live channels (Talk & Chat) at the same time
• With the Agent Workspace enabled
Note: To ensure your Zendesk Chat account version please review here:
This being an Early Access Program, are there limitations with the product?
This is the first release of Focus Mode feature and is relatively minimal. Some current limitations:
• Limited with Zendesk live channels (Talk & Chat) with Agent Workspace Enabled.
• Limited with customers using chat assigned mode routing only.
• While heavily tested so far there may still be a minor risk of a channel being under served due to edge case conditions. We will continuously monitor our EAP customers.
We will look for feedback and also continuously monitor the feature usage in the Early Access Program to identify any potential bugs and address them.
What is expected of me?
There are a few things we ask:
1. Provide feedback on the feature, ease of use, and documentation
2. Report any bugs
3. Be open to working very closely with us, initially and ongoing through this stage
4. Willingness to get it wrong, in order to make it better
Ready to take part?
All you have to do to join this EAP is fill in the form. We can't wait to get you involved!
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Zendesk.