Farm Radio International Emergency Fund - Kenya
In times of crises such as COVID-19, exceptional communication efforts are more important than ever to deliver well-conceived, reliable, gender-inclusive and effective messages. Radio is great a means to disseminate critical information in a timely manner.
Farm Radio International recognizes the significant impact that radio stations across sub-Saharan Africa can have in response to the needs of the community. However, at this time of emergency, some radio stations may experience interruptions in their broadcasts: for example, radio stations can run out of data for internet services, or fuel for their generators, equipment can break down, or a staff member can fall sick.
We are committed to supporting radio broadcasters to continue to deliver critical and potentially life-saving information on air to listeners in their community.
We invite you to apply for the Farm Radio International Emergency Fund to collaborate with us to deliver accurate, reliable, and impactful information in response to the challenges presented by COVID-19.
If your application is successful, you will receive :
- funding between $500 CAD and $2,000 CAD, depending on your needs;
- support and encouragement from a local Farm Radio employee.
Your radio station must:
- Be geographically located in one of these 10 sub-Saharan African countries: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Malawi, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Deliver programming in a language understood by local communities.
- Be legally registered in the country and be in good standing.
- Have a bank account that they can currently access if the application is successful.
- Agree to use the funds within a specific period of time, and provide all necessary reporting and accountability.
- Participate in broadcasting critical, gender-inclusive, and accurate information related to COVID-19
- Submit an urgent request that is real to respond to the pandemic crisis context
- Submit proof to justify that the amount requested reflects a fair market price
Station may only submit one application, but the radio station may indicate more than one need on the application form.
You will receive a response within one week of the submission if your radio stations application is successful. There is no guarantee of funding in any amount. Any decisions made are fully discretionary and final.
Please note that applications are accepted on an ongoing basis until all funding has been awarded so please send your applications as soon as possible.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Farm Radio International.