Brainchild Festival 2020: Performers' Submission Form 🐝
Thank you for your interest in Brainchild! Every year we work with over 350 emerging and leading artists across lots of different art forms. We try to find space for as many people as possible to share & develop the creative things they're up to. So if you want to perform, or bring another type of project, here's where to tell us about it.
Please answer the questions on this form and we'll be able to see if we've got the appropriate spaces for your performance, art or ideas.
*Deadline for submissions is midnight on the Sunday 15th March 2020.*
We receive a very large number of submissions each year and we are a small team, so unfortunately we cannot respond to every submission. We may contact you for more information or to make a booking, but if you have not heard from us by *Wednesday April 1st*, please assume that we won't be taking your submission forward for this year's festival. We're sorry that we are currently unable to offer individual feedback.
Our Programming Priorities:
- Our programme is focussed on emerging & early-career artists. We want to see that performing at Brainchild will be creatively or professionally useful for programme contributors.
- We're open to works-in-progress, experimental & interdisciplinary forms and shorter pieces that could form part of mixed bills, as well as more polished full shows or sets.
- We don't usually programme to a theme, Brainchild celebrates the ensemble and we like seeing how different ideas connect.
- We're interested in work that is engaged with political or social issues, and speaks to an audience of young people.
- We want our festival to be inclusive and for our programme to be made up of a broad range of voices, particularly those from outside of the mainstream or from underrepresented communities.
- We look for DIY spirit, community building and leadership in the artists, companies and collectives we work with.
- We want to people to have valuable exchanges, so look for things that will inspire conversation, interaction, skill-sharing & connection amongst audiences & artists.
- We want to promote bold, original ideas ideas and grow people's imaginations to challenge broken systems and consider better futures.
Our Performance Spaces:
- The Kite Bar: this is the main bar at the festival as well as an indoor space for live music in the day & parties at night
- The Brainstage: this is the main stage for live music
- The Shack: this is an our outdoor dance floor in the woods, where we primarily programme DJs and occasionally walkabout performance that is suited to this environment
- The Forum: this is our main performance stage for theatre, cabaret, comedy & workshops. It is a large tent with a capacity of 500 - people flow freely in & out of the space and it's not suitable for projection until after 9pm.
- The Cinema: This is a sealed blacked-out tent, with AV capabilities. It is used for film screenings, for multimedia work, and for more intimate or focussed discussions & shows.
- The Den (new space!), 150-200 capacity for low-key and looser programming across music & arts (jam sessions, masterclasses, informal workshops, comedy)
We are committed to stretching our budget as far as possible to ensure we can pay artists fair & reasonable fees for their involvement. But please do bear in mind that our budgets are very tight across the board due to the festival's size, price & freedom from sponsorship.
Name of lead contact:
Which category best describes your idea or performance?
Please only select ONE option. And note, if you are wanting to propose an art installation, there's a separate form you must complete which you can find on the 'Get Involved' page on our site (
Talk or Workshop
Film, Moving Image & Video Art
It really doesn't fit into the above categories - it's an ENTIRELY different idea!
Have you been to Brainchild Festival or one of our events before?
Don't worry if you haven't - it won't affect the submission, we're just keen to learn more about the people who come to our festivals/events!
Your Stage / Band / Show / Company Name:
Tell us a bit about who you are and what you'd like to do at Brainchild this year:
If you could indicate any specific requirements you may have and please let us know which of the performance spaces at the festival your work would be best in. E.g. My show requires a projector and a strobe light and would work best in the Forum.
What is the ideal running time of your set / show / talk / workshop / film etc?
Why would you like to bring your project to Brainchild?
Links to the work you'd like to bring to the festival
If you are applying to play live music, please try to include video/sound footage of a live show (no worries if you can't though!). If you're submitting for a performance piece, please try to include a video clip, script extract or review where possible - anything that could give us a clear sense of your idea.
Links to previous work
We'd like to get a better sense of who you are / the team involved. Please link to video clips, reviews, extracts or any supplementary material that shows your previous work. (Don't worry if you don't have any and this is your first time performing!)
If you have any upcoming shows or performances, please include links and information here.
Are you interested in staying at the festival for the whole weekend?
Not sure yet
We're keen that Brainchild is a fun and useful opportunity for you. Please let us know if you're looking to get any of the following from being at Brainchild this year.
Connecting with a community of artists
Developing a new audience
Playing a festival for the first time
Meeting anyone who works in your industry (i.e. labels, bookers)
Finding new collaborators
Is there anything else you'd like to mention or let us know?
And finally, how did you hear about this?
An arts organisation of Platform other than Brainchild
From a friend / word of mouth
Would you like to sign up to our newsletter for occasional updates about Brainchild opportunities & events?
Thank you for submitting to the festival! If we want to explore your idea or make a booking we will be in touch. If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 1st April, you can assume we will not be moving forward with your submission. Unfortunately we're not able to provide feedback on individual submissions. Big love from Brainchild HQ. 🐙
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service