QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum – high school diploma or equivalency
REPORTS TO: Assigned professional, Principal, PHEC Director/Assistant Director
JOB GOAL: Assist in the provision of special education and related services. Although paraprofessionals are employed and assigned to a professional, paraprofessionals are expected to work with teams of educators to provide support and services for students.
• Demonstrate strict standards of confidentiality.
• Demonstrate punctuality.
• Demonstrates attitude that promotes a positive school environment.
• Take responsibility for the quality of own work.
• Provide support for students as planned by professional staff.
• Organize and prepare materials.
• Assist students as needed, including mobility and self-help (diapering, feeding, dressing, etc.).
• Demonstrates problem solving skills.
• Teaching self-responsibility.
• Follow team prescribed procedures for academic, social, communication, and behavioral intervention plans.
• Participate in collaborative planning.
• Communicate and work collaboratively with general education teachers, administrators, and other special education service providers/consultants.
• Share in school wide duties as assigned and which do not conflict with student time.
• Share in recordkeeping duties, including progress monitoring, as assigned by professional staff.
• Participate in inservice and training, both required and as agreed upon by paraprofessional and professional staff.
• Support students in all school environments, including community-based training.
• Provide short-term coverage for professional and paraprofessional peers.
• Seek assistance from other team members as needed to facilitate student progress.
• Travel to/from schools as required by the job.
• Responsibly lifts persons or equipment of 50 pounds or more using proper techniques (two or more people needed for weights about 50 pounds or for identified students with lifting concerns).
• Follow district and HPEC policy, protocol, procedures, and programs when implementing duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provision of the Board’s policy on evaluation of paraprofessional personnel.