SHYC Program Rules & COVID Policies
Please read and review the following rules with your child and agree to follow these rules by completing this form.
PLEASE REVIEW AND AGREE TO THESE RULES BELOW:
The SHYC Junior Safety Rules are to be followed by SHYC Juniors and guests (under 18).
COVID-19 Specific SHYC Junior Rules for Classes and Club Usage:
1. Parent's must submit the Waiver/Agreement which is an agreement to a Self/Daily Home Health Check and to NOT send sick kids to classes
2. Juniors must arrive wearing a face covering (mask, buff, or other face covering)
3. Juniors must check-in with coach upon arrival for a Class to confirm Health Check and face covering
4. Juniors must wash hands for 20+ seconds with soap, or sanitize hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, immediately upon arrival, after sailing/playing, before eating, and when departing
5. Face coverings must be worn on the bridge, in the restroom, when ordering food, when asked by a coach/staff member, and when less than 6 feet from another sailor, coach, or person (on land)
6. Juniors must maintain social distancing of 6+ feet when possible and when asked by a coach/staff
7. Juniors must stay with their assigned class/group
8. Juniors must follow rigging procedures, hand sanitation procedures, and cleaning guidelines
9. Juniors must follow the published SHYC COVID galley ordering and dining rules
10. The SHYC Club House, Junior Sailing Room, and Tweed House is closed
11. Sailors may use the restroom at the Club House (the restroom in the Tennis Tweed House is closed)
12. BYO full water bottles (take home at end of day)
13. Personal gear must stay in backpacks, which will remain outside in a designated location (sailors and tennis players should arrive dressed and ready for their sport)
14. Life Jackets must be hung in the new outdoor designated area to dry each day, and taken home at the end of the week for cleaning (Safe Boating Life-Jacket Cleaning COVID-19 procedure)
15. All SHYC Junior House Rules & Program Safety Rules also apply
16. SHYC JR Discipline Policy applies for not following SHYC COVID-19 Rules
SHYC JUNIOR HOUSE RULES & PROGRAM SAFETY RULES
1. Juniors under age 12 need adult supervision
2. Juniors under age 12 must wear a lifejacket to swim, crab, or play on boats/docks
3. All juniors must wear a lifejacket when on a club-owned boat (sail, power, or paddle)
4. All juniors must wear a lifejacket at all times on boats and docks during Sailing Class
5. No purposely sinking or flipping the SHYC row-boat or Walker Bay
6. Respect one another – no hitting, pushing, roughhousing
7. No running
8. No going under the clubhouse
9. No going on the roof
10. No going on the breakwater or rock jetty
11. No swearing, foul, or rude language
12. No bullying
13. No littering on land or water
14. Pick-up after yourself (trash, personal gear, lifejackets)
15. No destruction of club or private property
16. No smoking, drugs or under-age drinking
17. No cell phone usage during lessons
18. Bikes must be parked in the bike racks
19. Juniors must practice safe biking
20. Junior sailing powerboats are only for use for classes, lessons, and races
21. All club-owned sailboats (BIC, Opti, 420s, FEVAs, Paddleboard) must be returned to dock prior to sunset
22. All club-owned sailboats (BIC, Opti, 420s, FEVAs, Paddleboard) must be properly put away after use
23. Attendance – inform the coach or sport supervisor if your junior will not be attending class or is being picked up early or arriving late
24. Junior Sailing Class Specific Rules:
a. Stay with class unless you have permission from an instructor to leave
b. No swimming without instructor permission during class
c. All sailors must make an effort to sail out and return with a buddy
d. Must wear proper footwear during class (e,g, closed-toed shoes)
e. All sailing gear and equipment must be put away after class
SHYC Junior Discipline Approach. SHYC uses a positive approach to discipline. Positive reinforcement is encouraged and sets a positive tone for all children in the program. The children and instructors are expected to respect each other, the instructors, the members, the club and all equipment and boats. The SHYC Rules must be followed by all sailors and instructors. If there is an issue or major rule violation, the JR Discipline Policy Applies.
SHYC Junior Discipline Policy. The rules and discipline policy apply to all juniors and staff. Violations include, but are not limited to, breaking these SHYC junior rules, inappropriate language, destruction of property, bullying, and physical/verbal abuse of another student, member, or staff.
● First Violation of Rules: The offender will be spoken to by a senior staff member.
● Second Violation of Rules: The program director or senior staff member will speak to the offender. The parents will also be informed. The offender may be asked to sit out from classes the rest of the day. A record of the event will be logged.
● Third Violation of Rules: The offender will be suspended for one day. Parents and the SHYC Commodore will be informed. A record of the event will be logged.
● Continued Abuse of Rules: Parents will be notified and the offender may be expelled from the program/club for the remainder of the season. SHYC Executive Committee will be informed. (Program fees will not be refunded).
Parent/Guardian Completing this form:
By checking the box, the participant and parent/guardian have read these rules and agree to follow these rules.
The Particpant listed above agrees to these rules
I have read the above rules and agree to follow them (parent/guardian)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of sachemsheadyc.com.