Young Cities North Macedonia: Čair Programme Application
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU APPLY! ONLY COMPLETED AND CORRECT APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Workshop dates: 23-26 October 2020
Location: Čair, North Macedonia
Application deadline: 11 October 2020
Participation in the workshop is free; meals will be provided and the cost transportation will be reimbursed.
Young Cities is looking for dedicated youth in Čair who are ready to stand up for the needs of young people across the municipality and build more peaceful communities. If that’s you, apply to join Young Cities and receive training and support to create a unique new initiative that stands up to hate, polarisation, extremism, and violence.
If you have an idea for an initiative to make your community a safer and more accepting place for everyone, form a team, and apply today! (Application instructions below. We will be selecting 4 teams.)
The Young Cities programme is approximately 6 months and includes ongoing training, support, and networking. It will begin with an intensive 4-day workshop on 23-26 October.
During the programme, Young Cities will work with 4 teams and:
• Provide in-depth training on how to develop and manage impactful initiatives for social change,
both online and offline
• Provide seed-funding (up to $5,000 per team) for successful proposals and facilitate resourcing to support
youth-led and youth-owned initiatives in Čair
• Provide ongoing support, mentorship, and training to participating youth throughout the programme
• Facilitate collaboration and co-created initiatives with Municipal leaders in Čair to help amplify youth voices
and channel the support of local government to enhance youth-led campaigns
By joining Young Cities, participants will build a range of critical skills – including campaigning, public speaking, branding and marketing, budget management, and proposal writing – as well as build their local networks and gain hands-on experience in developing and managing their own initiative.
To apply: (Submit only 1 application per team)
Describe the challenge that your team would like to focus on, and how you would address it with your campaign. Applications will be judged by how well they address the challenge and their creativity / originality. Initiatives may be brand new or a new addition to an existing project.
• You must apply as a team of at least 4 people. Although teams may be as large as you want, a maximum of
6 people can take part in the workshop and additional training events.
• You and the team must be committed to attending the workshop on 23-26 October IN FULL
and to implementing the campaign in the months that follow if you are successful in getting funding
• All team members must meet the following criteria:
o Aged 18-29
o Living in Čair long-term
o Committed to attending the full training and delivering the team's campaign
o Open to new ideas and willing to work with people from different backgrounds
While your campaigns can be done in any local language, the workshop will be delivered in English. Teams do not need to be fully fluent in English; however, the majority of the team should have at least intermediate proficiency in English and at least 2 members of the team should have advanced proficiency.
Application deadline: 11 October
We can only accept 4 teams! Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis though, so apply early!
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at
1. Team Name
2. How many members are on your team?
3. Please list the name, age and gender of all team members that will attend the workshop on 23-26 Oct.
5. Which languages do all members of your team speak / understand?
Which language(s) is (are) your team most comfortable communicating in?
Does your team have any experience delivering social change campaigns? If so, please describe this experience and provide links if possible.
6. Please provide a contact name and number for the group. This will be used to inform you if your application has been successful.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service