1. A nominee many only be nominated in ONE of the following categories:-- TOP TEEN AWARD: Open to nominees ages 13-18 in Black Hawk County-- VOLUNTEER AWARD: Open to nominees age 19 or older. It recognizes the accomplishments of outstanding volunteers, regardless of age or years of service. Any adult may be nominated.-- OUTSTANDING EMERGING VOLUNTEER AWARD: Open to nominees ages 19-35. It recognizes accomplishments of volunteers who've excelled in service contributions in their young adult years.-- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT VOLUNTEER AWARD: Open to any adult nominee with 20+ years of volunteerism in the Cedar Valley. It recognizes the contributions of volunteers who have dedicated a lifetime of service to the community.
2. All Top Teen Award nominees will receive award recognition. A minimum of one award winner will be selected from each of the three adult volunteer categories with a total of 8 award winners among all adult nominees.
3. Nominees must be individuals. Organizations and businesses are NOT eligible for nomination.
4. Nominees must have participated in or contributed to a significant volunteer effort(s), past or present, in the Cedar Valley. He or she must demonstrate a willingness to serve, contribute time to an organization, exhibit quality in his or her work, set a good example, and be an exceptional role model.
5. A nominee must NOT be frequently recognized by the media for his or her efforts.
6. Nominees who have received this award in the past ten (10) years are NOT eligible.
7. The nomination must include a typed, narrative-style statement describing the nominee’s volunteer activities, accomplishments, and special contributions. The narrative statement will serve as the primary selection tool for the committee. Please be thorough and provide all relevant details (minimum 500 characters).
8. The award recipients will be selected by the Mayors of Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Evansdale, and by the Greater Cedar Valley Alliance Ambassadors. Nominees will be notified by the Volunteer Center of Cedar Valley.
9. Nominations may also be printed and delivered, mailed, or e-mailed to the Volunteer Center of Cedar Valley. Please find a printable version at www.vccv.org/mayors-volunteer-awards. Nominations must be received by 4:00 pm on March 1, 2019.