• Social Justice and Community Outreach (SJCO) Committee members strengthen ties with other labor and community organizations and conduct open forums on topics like Special Education, Immigration Rights and Climate Justice. Meeting Dates: November 3rd, February 3rd, April 13th.
• The Racial Equity Committee is comprised of educators of color whose goal is to build organizational capacity within PAT to honor, acknowledge, and center the lived experiences and stories of educators, along with students of color, within our union and inside PPS. Meeting Dates: November 9th, February 8th, April 12th.
• The Substitute Teacher Committee discusses best practice for substitute teachers and supports the bargaining team. Their work, along with our collective efforts, helped PAT win the strongest Substitute Teacher contract in Oregon. Meeting Dates: October 17th, November 2nd, February 1st, April 5th.
• The Membership Committee offers workshops to help PAT members with issues such as student loan forgiveness, retirement planning, and interview skills for the transfer process. It also plans member activities such as the annual PAT “Party in the Park” and Retiree Reception. Meeting Dates: October 5th, January 4th, March 1st, May 3rd.
• The Instructional and Professional Development (IPD) Committee meets with PPS leadership monthly to advocate for better district-wide programs for all PAT members. Meeting Dates: October 12th, November 9th, January 11th, February 8th, March 8th, April 12th, May 10th.
• The Legislative Committee works to support local legislation, elected leaders, and candidates for elected office who share our values, so that educators can influence our government to recognize the needs of our students and our profession. Meeting Dates: October 12th, November 2nd, January 11th, February 1st, March 8th, April 5th, May 10th.
• The PAT PAC is Portland Association of Teachers' Political Action Committee. It is a voluntary, nonprofit, unincorporated association of individual educators and others and is not affiliated with any political party. PAT PAC's purpose is to elect to office candidates who are interested in the development of a better educational system in Oregon and Portland Public Schools. Meeting Dates: October 12th, November 2nd, January 11th, February 1st, March 8th, April 5th, May 10th.
• The Bargaining Committee supports the Bargaining Team, including helping to develop, research, and vet bargaining proposals. It consists of members who work in a variety of job roles, with various lived experiences. This is a closed committee to ensure that we do not over represent any one work type.* Meeting Dates: November 9th, February 8th, April 12th.
• The Advocacy Committee reviews contract exceptions, and ensures that our contract is being followed. They meet with the district monthly to discuss widespread issues around the contract. This is a closed committee due to the sensitive nature of our work. We are looking for members who are strong advocates of our contract language and who enjoy reading and interpreting contract language.* Meeting Dates: October 5th, November 2nd, January 4th, February 1st, March 1st, April 5th, May 3rd, May 17-18 (Contract Exception Work Days).
*For those interested in closed committees, PAT Leadership and/or chairs will reach out to you to discuss if it is a right fit.