St. Louis Queer+ Support Helpline Volunteer: Nomination Form (Fall 2020)
*During the COVID-19 pandemic, SQSH will be conducting interviews and trainings remotely via Zoom.*
Welcome! The St. Louis Queer+ Support Helpline is recruiting volunteers for its Fall 2020 training class. Please nominate LGBTQIA+ individuals / allies whom you feel are committed to improving the St. Louis LGBTQIA+ community and would be dedicated to the Helpline's mission. They do not need to have any experience with helpline work. The skills and qualities that we're looking for in our applicants include (but are not limited to):
- Willingness to learn about intersectionality and how it is important to the Helpline's work
- Openness to learning, growth and self-improvement
- Humility, ability to respond receptively to feedback
- Dedication, willingness to put in effort
- Genuine interest in the Helpline's mission
- Passion for serving the St. Louis LGBTQIA+ community
- Commitment to active listening and emotional support
- Potential to learn counseling skills
- Supportive of fellow members of a team
- Understanding of confidentiality and anonymity
We welcome you to nominate any LGBTQIA+ person / ally at least 18 years old by Aug 28, 2020. Applicants must be available on Saturdays 12.30PM-5.30PM over the Fall (Sept. 26, 2020 - Dec. 19, 2020) for the 55-hour new member training, and serve weekly 3.5 hour shifts for at least 1 year (Jan. 2021 - Jan. 2022). Whomever you nominate will receive an email from
congratulating them on their nomination and encouraging them to apply.
Here's the Application Form to become a St. Louis Queer+ Support Helpline Volunteer:
For more information about the St. Louis Queer+ Support Helpline, or if you have any questions about recruitment, please email
. Thank you!
Your Name (Optional)
Nominee's Full Preferred Name
Can we share your name when we send the email notification to your nominee?
What would you like the nominee to know about why they would make a good Helpline Volunteer? (Optional)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service