Final practice exams-6
1. Which of the following should you modify in the BIOS/UEFI?
A- Enable a BIOS password
B- Modify the CMOS
C- Modify the boot sequence
D- Start the computer on Drive C
2. Suppose you want to close port 80, what device will allow you to do that?
A - port controller
B - Firwall
C - Router
D - Bridge
3-Paul buys a new graphic card, what type of connector does he need to supply power to the graphic card?
C- Twisted Pair
D- PCIe 6-pin
4- What is the role of the DHCP server?
A- Assign IP address to each node
B- Provide the DNS
D- Do nothing for the network
5- How much data can be stored in DVD-5 SL?
C- 1000 MB
D- 6153 MB
6- The memory technologies that enable protection against random inconsistencies when storing data?
7- The volume of a laptop does not work when you press the volume button, what may be the issue?
A- ACPI driver not install
B-Special Key driver
C- AHCI driver
8- Which component are you likely to see only in a home theater PC?
A- Graphic card
C- TV Turner
9- When a computer randomly reboots, what may be the culprit?
A- Memory Integrity
B- Operating system Integrity
C- Hard Disk Drive
D- The Video card
10- Which of the following scenarios can be described as memory modules divided into two banks, only one of which can be seen by the computer at any time?
11- Which of the following cooling methods will an integrated GPU in a common desktop most likely use?
A. Heat sink and fan
B. Heat sink
C. Liquid cooling
D. Video card cooling fan
12-Which of the following connection types is used to "beam" information between two devices over very short distances?
B. Parabolic antenna
13- Which type of memory will a smartphone typically use for storage of videos and music?
14. You have been tasked with configuring two drives for maximum performance. Which of the following RAID types should you select?
A. RAID 0
B. RAID 1
C. RAID 5
D. RAID 10
15. Which of the following is an input device that you might use with a video game?
C. Mouse Pad
E. Serial Port
16. Which of the following is the most common type of networking connector?
17. Which protocol is relied upon most by Active Directory?
18. Which of the following printer technologies uses piezoelectric pressure pads to produce small bubbles that are moved to the paper?
19. You are working on a laptop. Which of the following devices requires you to remove the CPU to replace it?
B. Keyboard backlight
C. Function key
D. System board
20. Which of the following environmental impacts can cause the customer to lose data?
B. Air filters
C. Being on time
D. Backup battery
21. Which of the following video ports can send purely digital signals?
A. HDMI and DVI
B. VGA and DVI
C. VGA and HDMI
D. DVI and S-Video
22. Which of the following types of cables uses a 9-pin connector?
23. You need to describe RAID to a nontechnical customer. Which of the following represents the best way to describe RAID?
A. RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks
B. RAID utilizes multiple disks to increase performance and/ or enable protection from data loss.
C. RAID is a dynamic disk management system.
D. RAID uses striping to reduce the amount of hard drive write time and utilizes parity bits to reconstruct the data from a failed hard drive.
24. A customer of yours is opening an Internet Cafe and wants to offer computers for the patrons to access the Internet. Which type of computer system should you recommend?
A. Thin client
B. Thick client
D. Gaming PC
25. You replaced a bad internal WLAN card in a Windows 7 laptop. You complete the installation and verify that the new WLAN card is listed in the Device Manager as enabled. What should you do next to actually use the card?
A. Type the security passphrase
B. Update the firmware of the WLAN card
C. Configure encryption on the router
D. Add the SSID of the network to the connection
26- Which of the following lists the correct non-overlapping channels in the 2.4 GHZ wireless spectrum?
27-Which of the following is the module format used by a laptop's DDR4 SODIMMs?
28- Which of the following is the correct pinout for T568B?
A- Orange/White, Orange, Green/White, blue, blue/white, green, brown/white, brown
B- Blue, blue/white, orange/white,orange, brown/white, brown, green/white, green
C- Green/white, green, orange/white, blue, blue/white, orange, brown/white, brown
D- Orange/white, orange, brown/white, brown, green/white, green, blue, blue/white
29- A customer want to share a local USB printer with other users in the office. Which of the following is the best method to accomplish this?
A- Install a printer server
B- Enable print sharing
C- Install a USB hub
D- Install shared PCL drivers
30- Your co-worker's laptop screen is extremely dim. You attempt to alter the brightness with the function keys but the display never gets brighter. Which of the following is the most likely cause?
A- Backlight failure
B. Bulb failure
C- Battery failure
D- The display driver is corrupted
31- Which of the following has the shortest wireless range for printing?
32- Which of the following should be reset during normal printer maintenance?
A- page count
B- job queue
C- Print job cache
D- Tray setting
33- Which of the following is the best protocol to use when securely transferring large files?
34- A laptop battery failed to charge, which of the following should be check first?
A- DC-in jack
B- AC-in jack
C- CMOS battery
D- AC circuit breaker
35- You are replacing a PSU for a computer that requires power connections for two SATA hard drives, an older fan that uses Molex power connectors and two video cards configured for SLI with their own power connections. How many unique power connectors will the CPU will the PSU need to accommodate the listed devices?
36- Which tool of the following tools is needed to attach an RJ45 plug to a Twisted Pair cable?
B- Punchdown tool
C- Lookback plug
D- Cable Tester
37. A user with an inkjet printer states that all color printouts are missing red ink. The printer has cartridges for each of the CMYK colors, and the user has recently replaced the magenta cartridge. Which of the following steps should be performed next?
A. Verify that the printer cables are connected
B. Perform printer head cleaning
C. Purchase a maintenance kit
D. Use different weighted paper
38. Which of the following cable types might be used in POTS connections?
A. Cat 3
39. Which of the following should be placed on a DMZ?
B. Wireless printers
C. Gaming servers
D. Backup servers
40. One of your customers runs Windows 7 on a laptop. A new security flaw and fix has been published regarding Windows 7. Which of the following can prevent exploitation?
A. Encrypting the hard drive
B. Training the customer
C. Implementing a patching policy
D. Configuring screen locks
41. Which of the following is one of the main hardware differences between a tablet computer and a laptop computer?
A. The laptop always has a multitouch touchscreen
B. Tablets are typically not upgradeable
C. Laptops are typically not upgradeable
D. Laptops typically use ARM processors
42. Which of the following resolution modes by design provides the best possible visual quality on an LCD monitor?
43. Which of the following is the main purpose of cleaning a printer during the imaging process?
A. It increases the speed of the print process
B. It keeps the printer clean and prolongs its shelf life
C. It prolongs the toner cartridge's lifecycle
D. It takes off any residual toner left after development
44. You need to use the correct version of PING that will resolve an IP address to a hostname. Which switch should you use?
45. A workgroup of five PCs uses a shared printer. A customer says she cannot print to the printer but can access shares on another PC used for common files. The printer appears to be powered on. Which of the following would be the most likely cause?
A. PC is off the network
B. Printer needs to be restarted
C. Printer is low on toner
D. Device drivers are corrupted
46. A user boots a computer and a message is displayed that reads "Alert? Cover previously removed." Which of the following was configured in the UEFI-BIOS to cause this alert?
A. Date and time settings
B. Boot sequence
C. Intrusion detection
D. Virtualization support
47. One of the users on your network states that a laser printer has a smudge that repeats itself every few inches down the center of every printed page. Which of the following most likely needs replacing?
B. Pickup assembly
48. Which of the following features makes logical processor cores appear as physical cores to the operating system?
B. MMU virtualization
D. XD bit
49. Which of the following RAM types is compatible with PC3-8500 and will maintain the same performance as PC3-8500?
50. Which of the following describes the function of a switch in a network?
A. Converts a packet for transmission from one network to another network
B. Transmits packets it receives to specific connections
C. Broadcasts packets it receives to all connections
D. Determines whether a packet belongs on an internal or an external network
51. 1. Which command line tool enables you to see the computers connected to a workgroup or domain?
A. net view
B. net use
C. net see
D. net scan
52- What is the maximum range of a class III Bluetooth device?
A. 2 Mbps
B. 1 Meter
C. 32 Mbps
D. 64 Mbps
53 - What is the Maximum length of an internal SATA data cable?
A. 24 inches
B. 18 inches
C. 1 meter
D. 12 inches
54- What device allows a tech to block specific port in a network?
55- What connector is needed to power a graphic extension card?
A. 8-Pin 12 V
D. PCI e 6-Pin
56. What do you call a wireless network in infrastructure mode with more than one access point?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mattapan/ Greater Boston Technology Learning Center, Inc..
Terms of Service