Hyphae's focus on ecological design has resulted in a diverse body of work that includes landscapes, living roofs, mechanical and biological treatment systems for water, and public art projects that unite infrastructure with public space. Hyphae's work ranges in scale from residential, to commercial and municipal design. Working in both urban and rural landscapes Hyphae
has managed the design phase of construction projects ranging from $25,000 to $100-million.
Hyphae has pioneered innovative green infrastructure including engineering one of the largest indoor living walls, permitting the first rainwater systems designed for indoor use in Contra Costa County, engineering a pilot floating island stormwater treatment system in Oakland’s Lake Merritt, and designing a composting public toilet project in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco.
Hyphae provides a range of services from concept to construction, including:
Sustainable M/E/P Engineering
Ecosystem Service Modeling
Community Based Design
Hyphae seeks a motivated, talented and critical thinking Junior Designer to join our team. Hyphae Design Lab is a small, but growing firm and this is a significant career opportunity for the right person. Employees who demonstrate competence and design excellence have the potential to work on many aspects of projects and gain responsibilities rapidly.
Typical Responsibilities include:
• Designing and diagramming
• 3D computer modeling and drafting (in Revit and AutoCAD)
• Developing reports and presentations
• Interfacing with our interdisciplinary team
An ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• High level of self motivation, organizational skills, and a collaborative sensibility
• Basic GIS capabilities
• Experience in Rhino, Revit, and AutoCAD
• Adobe Suite
• 1-2 years of design/drafting experience in landscape architecture, architecture or engineering
• Knowledge of engineering, construction and plumbing
• Modeling experience using Rhino or Revit
This is a part-time to full-time job that will begin on a temporary basis. Compensation is negotiable and based on level of experience. We are located in Downtown Oakland a few blocks from the 12th Street BART station. To apply for this position, please complete the application below. Emailed resumes will not be reviewed.