Your Next Geek Read . . . . . Lower Macungie Library's Reader's Advisory Service!
What do you Geek? What are your passions and hobbies? Tell us your reading tastes and preferences and we will recommend Your Next Geek Read. Only questions marked with a red * are required. Tell us why you liked certain titles or authors or what you dislike. Not only will we list recommendations but we will give our reasons. Please note all recommendations are kept confidential. Recommendations will be processed in 3 weeks. The library will call or email you when your recommendation list is ready to pick up.
2. Phone Number and/or Email:
This information is optional, but please respond if you'd like us to consider it when creating your recommendations
If you are under the age of 18, please list your specific age below so that we can recommend books of an appropriate reading level.
5. Select books written for:
6. What format would you prefer?
7. Book length preferred?
Under 250 pages
Over 500 pages
8. You prefer to read books that are . . .
Please check all that apply.
In a Trilogy or Series
9. What Fiction genre(s) are you interested in? (select around 5)
Coming of Age
Paranormal (Ghosts, Psychic Abilities, etc.)
Monsters (Vampires, Werewolves, & Zombies)
Only interested in Non-Fiction
10. What Non-Fiction genre(s) are you interested in? (select around 3)
Folktales, Fairytales, and Fables
Health & Exercise
Science & Technology
Only interested in Fiction
11. Books you enjoy the most have what kind of mood? (select up to 5)
Mood is the overall atmosphere of a book and the emotional response it provokes.
Old-fashioned or Traditional
Modern & Contemporary
12. Which of the following is the most important element of a book?
A Plot-driven story focuses primarily on the action and what happens next; a Character-driven story focuses on a character’s thoughts, feelings, and development; a Setting-driven story focuses on detailed descriptions of the setting; a Dialogue-driven story focuses witty exchanges, has a fast pace, and is similar to a play.
13. The type of plot you prefer is?
14. The character(s) and narrator(s) you prefer are?
The protagonist is the main character that the story focuses on. The narrator is the person telling the story.
Well Developed Characters
15. What kind of setting do you prefer?
16. List three to five books you enjoyed reading and why you liked them:
Please be sure to include the reasons why you liked these books, as it will help us in making a good recommendation.
17. List three to five of your favorite authors (please include at least one):
18. Is there anything you do not want in your next book (e.g., graphic sex, obscene language, or violence)?
19. What are a few of your favorite movies and/or TV shows?
20. Please add anything you think will be helpful:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service