Anything That Floats ...but a boat... Race
Event Timing: July 8th
Event Address: Spread Park, Clay, WV
Contact us at
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Team Captain Name
Team Captain Email
The Race will begin at 3:00 pm on July 8th just above Spread Park in Clay County, West Virginia
Winning Team will receive $100 and a trophy.
• All participants must be at least 13 years of age. The entire crew must sign a waiver
of responsibility. Signed waivers must accompany completed entry forms. Participants under 18 must have a signed release from a parent or guardian.
• U.S. Coast Guard approved “personal floatation devices” (PFD’s, life jackets or vests) must be
worn at all times during the race. The life jackets must be in good condition and be of the proper
size. No safety equipment will be provided by the race organizers.
• All vessels must float on their own, without external support.
• All participants must be contained within their vessel. No participants can swim alongside their
• All boats must be homemade vessels of materials that you could find around your house.
Materials allowed: cardboard, wood, pvc, duct tape, milk jugs, saran wrap, old t-shirts, outdoor
furniture, old bikes, and pool noodles. Oars, paddles and sails are allowed (hence the t-shirts)
and pedal power is OK. No motors of any kind. No foam, inflatable rafts, or pool toys are
• Your craft MUST NOT be designed or built to travel on the water any further than the length of
the race course. Example: Powerboats, canoes, kayaks, skiffs or other commercially designed
craft will not qualify. The decision of the judges is final. The vessels must be powered by human
energy. Your vessel must not be commercial designed or built to travel on water.
• As a safety precaution, please be sure your vessel has an easy exit in case of emergency.
• ALCOHOL IS NOT TO BE CONSUMED BEFORE OR DURING THE RACE. The presence of
alcohol on your vessel and/or the consumption of alcohol during or prior to the race will result in
immediate disqualification and/or possible fines.
Cancellation will only occur due to severe or dangerous weather conditions. A severe weather date will be set in the event of unsuitable weather and communicated to the team captains as soon as the information is available.
• Boat Captains are responsible for the proper salvage and disposal of your craft remains after the
race. No vessels may remain after the event is finished.
• All vessels and entries will be inspected to assure design; costumes, etc. are in “good taste” and
that the design or identification does not violate standards. Entries not deemed appropriate may
• The race organizers reserve the right to amend these rules at any time and will notify you of any
I have read the rules and accept
I understand that each member of my team must register and sign a liability waiver the day of Riverfest. Any member under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian present to sign waiver.
Please click to make payment of $10
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service