**The MSHSL Eligibility Brochure can be found under the “Activity Forms” heading at http://www.annandale.k12.mn.us/athletics-activities.
Students: Your participation in high school activities is dependent on your eligibility. PROTECT that eligibility by reviewing with your parent(s)/guardian(s) this summary of Minnesota State High School League rules which govern your participation. Complete regulations are found in the MSHSL Official Handbook which is available at each member high school and which is also posted on the MSHSL website: www.mshsl.org. Please keep this brochure for reference, and if there is a question about any rule interpretation, CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL PRINCIPAL OR ATHLETIC/ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR.
I understand I must sign the current eligibility statement prior to participation each school year.
I understand that once I sign the eligibility statement all eligibility rules apply:
• Twelve (12) months of the year;
• Whether I am currently participating or not;
• Continuously from the first signing of the statement.
Parents/Guardians: REVIEW the following rules with your son or daughter. Your role in stressing the value of following these rules cannot be overstated.
General Student Eligibility Requirements (must be completed by all students)
(If you don't meet all 8 items, see your athletic/activities director or principal)
1. Making academic progress toward graduation.
2. Will not have turned 20 before the start of the season in which I participate.
3. Have not dropped out of school or repeated a grade while in high school.
4. Have not and will not use or possess tobacco or alcoholic beverages, use, consume, have in possession, buy, sell or give away any other controlled substance, including steroids, or drug paraphenalia.
5. Have not and will not violate the racial/religious/sexual harassment/violence/and hazing bylaws of the MSHSL.
6. I agree to fully cooperate in any investigation honestly and truthfully.
7. Regardless of my age I agree to follow all of the MSHSL Bylaws in order to be eligible to represent my school in League-sponsored activities.
8. Both the student and parent have reviewed the concussion management information contained in the Eligibility Brochure and found on the following website: www.cdc.gov/concussion.
Athletic Eligibility Checklist (must be completed by all athletes)
(If you don't meet all 5 items, see your athletic/activities director or principal)
1. Physical exam within the last three (3) years on file with the school.
2. Have not transferred schools.
3. Will not participate in more than six (6) seasons in any sport in grades 7-12.
4. Have not accepted cash in any amount or merchandise valued at more than $100 for participating in a sport.
5. Have not and will not compete in non-school events in my sport after reporting for the school team.
INFORMED CONSENT: By its nature, participation in interscholastic athletics includes risk of injury and the transmission of infectious diseases such as HIV, Hepatitis B, herpes and others. Although serious injuries are not common and the risk of HIV transmission is almost nonexistent in supervised school athletic programs, it is impossible to eliminate all risk. Participants have the responsibility to help reduce that risk. Participants must obey all safety rules, report all physical and hygiene problems to their coaches, follow a proper conditioning program, and inspect their own equipment daily.